Did you ever live in Parson Cross?

I cant remember fredie or jason swain,the next the neighoubours were called bllomer and spooner.there was two lads next door but 2 but didnt realy know them.

My married name is Bloomer wonder if they were related to my ex hubby

does anyone remember mr hinze at southygreen school.about 1952.

hi joy i left southeygreen 1956 remember mr hinze theres a picture in my post .22.3.2008 under southey green school

The lad next door was called john he had 2 sisters rachael and julie.

Richard PX5 i did a bit of asking around for you and found out Damian lives on Coppin square just of you lane.ive just read another of your posts about Freddie Swane whome i also know quite well as i worked with him for around 12 years had agreat laugh with him.

a big thanks to you peggsta but i dont know if you remember the mcgowan family off mansel and my dad used to drive the law bros coach which you could see on mansel crescent, i am called richard and i think your lee would definatly rememer me so say a big hello from me when you see him,,i will now try to look up damian on coppin square and appreciate you looking it up for me,thanks again

Hi Bushbaby. Wasn't your Dad a postman? New Parson Cross was originally controlled by Wortley district council and was not officially part of Sheffield I think. A few more names from just down the road from you (the other side of the 8foot were Carrs, (Valerie) Jepsons (Melvyn,Elaine), Jones/Savilles, (Vera, Billy, Peter), Fairchilds, (Tony, Patricia), Seniors, (Barry, Colin and a couple more I can't remember though I do remember their Dad shouting them in, he used to call them Teacake, Oatcake, Fatcake and Pikelet) and Skitts (Pat and Noreen).

Hi Bushbaby. Wasn't your Dad a postman?

Hi Bill. Yes he was originally, and then worked as a GPO Clerk for about a hundred years.

I remember most of the names you mention although they are just before my time. I guess you knew my elders, Kath, Tony, Paddy and the twins.

Pikelet? Who calls their kid Pikelet? What a brilliant name!! - wish I'd thought of it

Hi Bushbaby. Carrs,Jepsons Jones/Savilles, , Fairchilds, Seniors, Skitts (Pat and Noreen).

After Seniors (405) were Don't know (407) Wrigglesworths (409) Fletchers (411) and Mills (413) then it was a big jump to Skitts - they were nearly Margetson

Billsaville

Some of the names you mentioned are familiar to me .

I have sent you a PM

If you're interested, there's going to be an interactive radio play and phone-in about Parson Cross on BBC Radio Sheffield this Friday (23 May 2008 ). It'll be on Rony Robinson's show, between 12noon and 1pm.

The play has been written by Dead Earnest Theatre (in Sheffield) based on interviews and meeting with residents of Parson Cross. If you listen to the show, you'll be able to phone-in and comment during and after the performance.

It's part of a project that we at Eventus have been working on with Sheffield City Council, funded by Arts Council England.

You can find out more if the following link to our website works...!http://www.eventus.org.uk/index.php/news

Hi Bushbaby. Wasn't your Dad a postman? New Parson Cross was originally controlled by Wortley district council and was not officially part of Sheffield I think. A few more names from just down the road from you (the other side of the 8foot were Carrs, (Valerie) Jepsons (Melvyn,Elaine), Jones/Savilles, (Vera, Billy, Peter), Fairchilds, (Tony, Patricia), Seniors, (Barry, Colin and a couple more I can't remember though I do remember their Dad shouting them in, he used to call them Teacake, Oatcake, Fatcake and Pikelet) and Skitts (Pat and Noreen).

Barry Senior - now theres a name I remember well from my school days. Anyone know what happened to him.

I think those Malthouses on Wordsworth Avenue (I've not heard that term used before) must be the ones on the left immediately after the Tanner Hop as you go over past Wheata shops towards Ecclesfield.

The rendering really does look like brickwork - they were pretty good at faking it after the war.

If I've got the right houses I watched them being built. They were built of cocrete sections made to look like bricks in the manner of lego. Great big sections lifted by crane and fitted together like a jigsaw. Gleasons were the builders I believe.

Kadish had the grocery store .I think it was between the ironmongers and the chemist, the other side of the chemist was Shaw's.

I am almost certain that the among the new tenants of the shops on Margetson were Kadish and Shaw.

I only went to Ecclesfield for a short time .I do not remember much about it .

When they laid on corporation buses to Lound school thats when I left Ecclesfield.

I took my 11 plus at Lound in 1950/51 starting at Colley in 1951.

Only 2 kids went on to grammer school .a boy and a girl.

I don't know if they came 1-2 in the 11 plus or whether the top boy and top girl were chosen

The Chemist was Mr Lomas.