Did you ever live in Parson Cross?

I used to live on Colley Avenue, my Mum worked at the Hardware shop owned by Tom & Marjorie Smith. I used to clean his Rover & served paraffin during the winter on a saturday.

We used to go to Colley Youth club & from there to the Bassett for a pint & then back to the chippy.

Great days.:):)

What years did you live on Colley Ave ? Thats where my hubby lived before marrying me, he lived at No 29 probably before your time.

What years did you live on Colley Ave ? Thats where my hubby lived before marrying me, he lived at No 29 probably before your time.

I moved to Colley Avenue when I was 5 years old in 1953.

I lived at 42 until 1965 and then lived at 35 until 1968.

The Moores lived at 29 Tony & Keith as I remember were the boys.

I think Keith was the younger one probably 1 to 2 years older than me.

Yes I remember Lynn and her brother Steve and quite a few more from Buchanan - Akers , Snape, Bingham, Millward, Byers, Neil Smith, Devine, Dave & Barry Cauldwell,The Bowers and a load more faces that Icant put names to.Dryden road - what a place, but full of good people , if maybe a little rough round the edges, one thing we all had in common - nowt

nobody had a deal when I was up there.

the caldwells were a wierd family,the kids got taken into care in the 60,s cos the mum was sleeping with the older son while the father was in jail,dave and barry were best mates with steve oakes,paul bower and david bower,oakesys father ray,was a real character,always swearing,but in a funny way,steve said up til being 15,he thought his name was"get in this f.'&@~#g house,you little b@+!?#d". cos thats what he shouted so often,steves now a tattooist,the caldwells got run out of sheffield because they bullied the wrong person,paul bower is in peterborough,david bower is on lindsay somewhere,dawn parker and lynn oakes are still best mates, i think oakesys mum died recently.

the caldwells were a wierd family,the kids got taken into care in the 60,s cos the mum was sleeping with the older son while the father was in jail,dave and barry were best mates with steve oakes,paul bower and david bower,oakesys father ray,was a real character,always swearing,but in a funny way,steve said up til being 15,he thought his name was"get in this f.'&@~#g house,you little b@+!?#d". cos thats what he shouted so often,steves now a tattooist,the caldwells got run out of sheffield because they bullied the wrong person,paul bower is in peterborough,david bower is on lindsay somewhere,dawn parker and lynn oakes are still best mates, i think oakesys mum died recently.
Can you recall a family of brothers called Boyce and Mick Marshall (Mash) he went out with my missisus sister a few

years back.

Can you recall a family of brothers called Boyce and Mick Marshall (Mash) he went out with my missisus sister a few

years back.

i remember the boyces,alan,dave malc & mark,with 2 sisters,pat & dawn,everyone knows mash, he went out with josie ashall for years,funny,cos ive been talking to mark today,he wanted steve oakes phone number for a tattoo doing. personal mail me,tell me who you are,i think we may know each other,steve oakes is coming over tonight to go on here with me.

I used to live on Colley Avenue, my Mum worked at the Hardware shop owned by Tom & Marjorie Smith. I used to clean his Rover & served paraffin during the winter on a saturday.

We used to go to Colley Youth club & from there to the Bassett for a pint & then back to the chippy.

Great days.:):)

I worked in the hardware shop in 1957, for six months, then left to work in the Red Circle Library in Sheffield, on Snig Hill. Tom and Marjorie Smith were very nice, but didn't stand

any nonsense from anybody.

steveninusa, am I right in thinking his Rover was blue?

Steveninusa, do you remember a little Down Syndrome boy called Johnny coming into the shop, I think he lived near the wordsworth Tavern, He used to come in and talk to us

he was very comical, sadly he wasn't very old when he died.

steveninusa, am I right in thinking his Rover was blue?

I believe it was, they had a son called Alan.

I remember that by the end of a winters saturday I had paraffin all over the back room floor and stank of the stuff. My Mum was Ettie Norris, don't know if you remember her, she actually used to go to school with Marjorie Smith.

Steveninusa, do you remember a little Down Syndrome boy called Johnny coming into the shop, I think he lived near the wordsworth Tavern, He used to come in and talk to us

I remember a DS girl who lived near the Tavern, she loved to dance.

I believe it was, they had a son called Alan.

I remember that by the end of a winters saturday I had paraffin all over the back room floor and stank of the stuff. My Mum was Ettie Norris, don't know if you remember her, she actually used to go to school with Marjorie Smith.

No, I dont remember your mum, I used to work with a lady called Pheobe Phipps. I,m sure Marjorie was expecting Alan when I worked there.

the downs lad was john jackson,his father was called herbert,they lived at the side of the tavern,john was 36/37 when he died in 1985,i, along with mavis loxley,were part of his night care team when his father died.