Did you ever live in Parson Cross?

hi i lived at parsons cross for 16years .

Out of interest Kittie, are there any facilities for 14 to 16 year olds? I'm thinking of Youth Clubs or other such social centres.

One of my gripes is the disappearance of these venues, as they played a big part in my adolescence, and they really did keep kids off the streets

Out of interest Kittie, are there any facilities for 14 to 16 year olds? I'm thinking of Youth Clubs or other such social centres.

One of my gripes is the disappearance of these venues, as they played a big part in my adolescence, and they really did keep kids off the streets

hi if you would aksed 10years ago i would have said ye but now there is nothing there are a few youth clubs its not like it used to be there is nothing there anymore cuz most off it as been pulled down the both houses that i lived in got pulled down and there was no need for it they was not bad streets and lets face it there have no intention of doing anything with all the land they have got from pulling them down.

re; albert t smith,is it true that ibought a pound off you for a half -crown,

and what happened to the hare that you kept in the kitchen cupboard,

rayzor1.

I've just started a thread.

Did you live on the Manor Estate 1930 1950s This should be about the Parson Cross.

Get your memory's down on the new thread.

For starters:- What was the name of the vicar at St Swithens who when you was a choir boy, give you a wallop for reading the 'Hot Spur' whilst he was giving his sermon. Did we all go to Snaith, Nr Doncaster once to see him off or did he retire.

And its true that, in my young innocence, I sold you a £1.00 for a Shilling.

Got another nice photo here. This was taken at a wedding in Newark 1972, but nearly all the guys in it are off The Cross

I've had a stab at the names but apologies for mistakes

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Bushbaby387/Wedding/photo#s5064851430854783426

Anyone know the two unknown fellas??

hi i lived at parsons cross for 16years i went to primary and seconrey school there i think it was a good estate people say that they would never live there but when you have grown up there its a diffent storey there is lots of things i could tell you about parsons cross as im only 20 years old i no a lot of people there good and bad people its just a sham they have pulled all the houses down i had some good times on my home ground as i call it.

I do hope that you put in your ' Pennies Worth ' to the thread, Kittie 86.

Anything that you can recall is history. Someone, sometime will be very pleased that you took the trouble to write it down.

hi if you would aksed 10years ago i would have said ye but now there is nothing there are a few youth clubs its not like it used to be there is nothing there anymore cuz most off it as been pulled down the both houses that i lived in got pulled down and there was no need for it they was not bad streets and lets face it there have no intention of doing anything with all the land they have got from pulling them down.

I'm with Albert here Kittie. Your stories are valuable, let's hear them.

Which school did you go to? Where did your mum shop? Is the dartboard in the Parson Cross Hotel still on the wall just inside the door, so that newcomers have about a one in three chance of gettin' a dart in the head?

Is the dartboard in the Parson Cross Hotel still on the wall just inside the door, so that newcomers have about a one in three chance of gettin' a dart in the head?

. . . Reminds me of a time in the sixties when some Nuns and Bishops used to play darts against each other in the Parson Cross Hotel.

On one occasion a Bishop scored a double top followed by another double top.

Unfortunately his third arrow hit the wire, bounced out and struck a Nun who was marking the scoreboard. Sadly, she died instantly.

. . . ''One nun dead an eighty'' exclaimed the Bishop.

Got another nice photo here. This was taken at a wedding in Newark 1972, but nearly all the guys in it are off The Cross

Could they be Josie's realtions/friends?

Could they be Josie's realtions/friends?

Flonks

I remember Parson Cross, the part where the Essoldo pictures was, we used to go there on a Saturday afternoon for the kids picture shows, it was threepunce to get in we watched a cartoon then a serial I remember Flash Gordon[ the b/w 1930's version] then a feature film, proberbly from the childrens film foundation[ i used to love those films] anyone else remember these films?. I also remember Hillards being opened by Miss UK in 1971, my Gran live just at the back on Swanbourne Rd, there was also the library were we spent all of our 6 weeks holidays practically. I have very very fond memories of Parson Cross, infact still have realatives who still live there.

then a feature film, proberbly from the childrens film foundation[ i used to love those films] anyone else remember these films?. QUOTE]

Go Kart Go (1964), starring a very young Denis Waterman, was a favourite of mine. I saw it at "The Ritz" - Sheffield's poshest cinema - one summer saturday morning, eating a Payne's poppett and supping Kia-Ora. It was the day my brother (Twinbush) won the yo-yo competition.

They don't make them like that anymore...

Here are a couple of lovely photos fromTommy More’s School in 1966

The foorball team reached the final of the Ecclesfield & District knock-out cup, losing narrowly to Mansell in the final, in the same week as Wednesday lost at Wembley

The rounders team went one better, winning the Gala Competition a few weeks later, defeating Lound in the final

It would be great to hear from any of my team mates from these occasions

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Bushbaby387/TommyMoreS/photo#s5067046923153280002