Mabel Credland (nee Stringer) and Harry Credland

I know this is an old thread - going back some time (to November 2011) - but we have some slight connections regarding Credlands Paint and Wallpaper shops. I met my husband when we worked for Crown Wallpaper and Paints and he used to deliver to all the Credland shops (hubby worked at Gee's branch on Shoreham Street and I worked at West Bar Crown shop). He recalls several of the shops mentioned in previous notes on this thread.

More recently, we have been to an opticians and speaking to the wife of the owner - and she was born as Credland and her sister went to King Ecgbert's same as me though a couple of years above me. If anyone is related to this Credland family, I will put them in touch with her.

Hi, I knew Harry Credland. I had a garage at the top of Murray Road in banner cross, the garage used to belong to a guy called Derek Bethell. When I first took the garage Harry used to come in to help removing the built-up oil and grease on the floor with a biscuit tin filled with wood shavings which he lit and used the heated biscuit to soften the built up oil so it could be easily scraped up (took for ever). 

Hi Peakma,

I remember Lynne Credland from Banner Cross. Is Lynne your Mum?

I use to date one of her best friends back in 1964. Janice Keeler from Bents Green.

Please say Hi to Lynne for me.

Stenna

I have not had any up dates on this thread since I made A comment back in 2011 - I am a member of the Credland family and would love to hook up to anyone who is :) I am Bill Credlands daughter ( Harry’s brother ) 

Peakma 

I am Bill Credlands daughter ( Harry’s brother ) 

please get in touch. Who was your mum ? 

you must be my niece :) 

fran x

Edited by Fran Corrie