Birthday party help!

Hiya, trying to organise a little get together for my boyfriends birthday. A pub with a beer garden would be perfect, or a small venue with gardens would also be good. Not a huge crowd of us just somewhere we can have a drink and maybe a bbq. I've looked at all the other posts and either the venues have been too big or too formal. Somewhere easy to get transport to and from in Sheffield would be good. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Hi you could try Rawson Springs in Hillsborough, they have a beer garden and its a lovely pub :)

I used the Harlequin for my boyfriend's birthday. It was lovely. It's an upstairs room which takes about 50 people and it's got a balcony outside. Near the Riverside. Great real ale too. (and it's free - £100 deposit)

Thanks guys, they're great recommendations, will check them both out!

Unfortunately Rawson won't let me do our own food :-( and since the party is mainly vegetarian and vegan (awkward I know!) their menu isn't quite varied enough. Waiting on the harlequin to email me their buffet options so fingers crossed! Not allowed to self cater there either. In case they can't provide the right kind of buffet, any more thoughts or ideas? Thanks guys.

you can always try the fighting **** at ecclesfield, i havent used it personally, but i know someone who has and they say its lovelly, and i also think its free room hire, hope you find something :)

you can always try the fighting **** at ecclesfield, i havent used it personally, but i know someone who has and they say its lovelly, and i also think its free room hire, hope you find something :)
its now called the malthouse (2467231) ask for ben or katie, its got an enclosed beer garden & they'll probably let you use your own barbecue, the room hire is free of charge although a small deposit is required on bookin & will be returned on the night of your party. the buses 53,79,97,98 all stop outside the pub & its only a short walk for the 17 & 75