Does anyone have any interesting Ghost Stories?

M house was written up in The SHEFFIELD bOOK OF gHOSTS VOL2 we lived at lowedges, we had 3 ghosts in the house at one time,but later tenants have never reported any happenings,the conclusion was that the ones we had, had attached themselves to me and my family

I used to live in The Railway on Blackburn Road from 1978-1987.I was only a child and my parents Dianne & Terry, they were the licensee's at the time.

My mum told us about a scary experience one evening as they were opening up, when she saw a man in the corridor leading to the gents toilets.Mum assumed it was Terry and never thought anything off it until 2 min later she saw Terry coming down from upstairs.

Terry had been upstairs, so who was the man in the corridor that day ????

Hello Willybite.

You have answered us previously on the another subject about local history.

But what I am really researching is the Ghosts around Norton. There has been seen a Victorian looking Gentleman in the Jordanthorpe area wearing a Top Hat and Long Coat, simply taking a gentle stroll.Have you heard anything about it please? Hence the subject of local history.

We moved into our house on shirecliffe in 2001. One day I was in the bath and I felt a bit strange as if I was not alone as if someone else was there. My dad had died a year previous ( although sensing someone in the bathroom with me was a bit strange, to say the least!) but I said out loud "dad if thats you, lets have a bit of fun. Make them jump downstairs." Within a matter of seconds I heard my 2 sons and my husband shout. My husband ran upstairs and told me that the door had just slammed shut for no reason. I told him what I had asked my dad to do. A few years later, I miscarried our child and since then a number of things have happened. I was bathing my daughter one evening and felt an icy handprint on my leg, just in one place on my knee. I saw a young girl on our landing while I was washing out of the corner of my eye. She had long mousy hair and in a flowered pinafore dress. By the time I had turned my head , she was gone. Another day I was hanging out washing and saw her in our porch. My last sighting was at xmas, while the family was all at home and she stood in the corner of my kitchen while I was cooking dinner. I always think of this girl as the daughter I lost, so it doesn't bother me at all. It would of been her birthday yesterday so I thought I'd share this with you. Only problem is the girl I see has always been about 7 and it was 9 years ago when I lost her.

There ws a BBC programme called 'tales of the unexpected' two coppers told of seeing 'something' by Stocksbrige by pass, They were terrified, so was I as I was watching it in the dark, on my own!. Can anyone please jog my memory about what happened. I'll make sure I read it in the daytime!!

I remember this as well,it was very disturbing, im sure they had a run in with the monk that haunts that area,i seemed to remember they were in the police car and were both terrified,im sure one of them never returned to work so affected was he by what he heard and saw than night,we are not talking casper the friendly ghost here,it was chilling and very scary i agree.

when I was around 9 yrs old a friend and I were playing up near the garages at top of oak street/elm crescent mosbro. we crawled thru some trees up a mud bank and at the top you could see for miles. Crystal peaks wasnt there then.it was literally all fields. As we approached the top of the mud bank for the 2nd time, there were 6 or 7 people dressed in what I called welsh hats and black capes, all holding hands and dancing round in a ring. we immediately fled on our back sides down the mud bank, but within seconds we were backed up the banking and those people had gone!!! There was no where to go that we could see because it was all open fields!!! who were they???? Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Edited by day-break

many years ago around 1980 while returning from a fishing trip at underbank passing through outibridge a young woman ran out in front of my cousins car and just disappeared scared the life out of him as he swore he ran her over !

Hello,

Does anyone have any interesting ghost stories which they would be willing to share with me for a radio project I am working on? I have put a post about this in General Chat but thought that I may get more responce from here, if anyone has already read it.

I would be grateful for any stories that anyone is willing to share!

While working as a porter at the NGH i was dilivering meals on the old geriatric wing and pressed for the wrong floor when i got out of the lift and looked down the empty corridor i saw what i thought was smoke and went to check but as i got there it felt as if i had opened a freezer door and the grey mist had gone i left very quickly.

We have, in the last few days, had a "spirit dog" roaming the house.

As you sit at the table, something invisible that feels furry presses past your leg. There's nothing to be seen!

It's almost 2 years ago that our dog died. She used to lick people's bare feet.

Yesterday, I felt the "dog"; when I bent down, my toes were damp!

I used to regularly go into the Three Tuns pub near Paradise Square and the landlord John Conroy told me that the beer taps in the celler were often turned off and they had to go and turn them back on again. I worked in the celler to replace him a tap on a sink and he took into me to one corner that was icy cold. Whilst I was working I felt a cold feeling brush past my back, it wasnt a draught (sorry no pun intended). I didnt stay there any longer than I had to and John told me it was the old lady that had lived there when the pub had been 3 cottages.

Hello,

Does anyone have any interesting ghost stories which they would be willing to share with me for a radio project I am working on? I have put a post about this in General Chat but thought that I may get more responce from here, if anyone has already read it.

I would be grateful for any stories that anyone is willing to share!

You might find This Thread of interest. :thumbsup:

Hello

When I was a lad of 6, at home at Woodseats, I woke in the early hours to find 5 Humanoid figures lined up at the right hand side of my bed. They were about a metre tall and had no facialnterest features except the entity second from right. I called for my mother who put the experience down to nightmare. However, the experience gave me an abiding interest in the "paranormal" which abides to this day.