Does anyone remember the Queens Rd Bowling Alley?

19CAW, Spider did wear leather jacket and wore glasses, he was a very good diver I think he represented either Yorkshire or England.

I used to work there and would love to contact anyone that used to go and hang around by the old bowling shoes.

my mum used to work there god rest her soul her name waswinnie she worked on the snack bar and the bar i can rember spider phil brightmore and ivy brown the lovely jamaican lady

Winnie..I so remember her. She was rather special, Oh and Ivy and her little boy. Thanks I had forgotten their names. Bet we all know each other.

I'm sorry but I don't remember Winnie but I will have met her as I was never out of the bowling alley.I do remember Ivy and the little boy, years later my wife ran a transport company at Wincobank and Michael (Mick) came for a job,we were chatting one day and mentioned the bowling alley as thats where I met the wife and Mick said that his gran had worked there and that she looked after him when he was very young,We went to see Ivy she lived in a very nice bungalow just off Ridgeway road and the road leading to east bank road,she hadn't changed a bit, still a very nice lady.That was over 10yrs ago now.

There must be oodles more people that can remember us all ...come on share some memories

Well, well, well never thought I would here your name again!!

I used to be the instructor, paid with free games!!

Les Philips was the manager, Gordon was his 2nd in command and then you and another guy(memory fails) who,s wife loved to strut up and down when he was on duty.

Remember Alan as well...remember.... Lol Staley.

Hello LOl, I'm sorry I can't remember you it is such a long time ago. I'm trying to think of the other fella that you mentioned and his wife did she look Asian? Alan.

Hi Alan, I know its a long time ago, did you work with spider(I think that was his nickname, other names I remember is Ian who was a mechanic and also ray Clethro who I know very well. Also Margaret who ran control and eventually married a guy called Alan, I knew them from Firth Park bowl where I went after queens road closed and became Alhambra, I wish I could get my hands on the guys throat who came up with that idea!!

When I started there as I was 20 now 72 many years have passed but they were the good old days. Gordon was the asst manager and it was his wife that used to strut up and down like the lady of the manor Gordon only stayed less than a year he moved to take over a pub.I then took his place.I remember Margret with fond memory's she was like a rock keeping things running and Ray clethro working in the pits.I used to hang out with him great times and reat people

When I started there as I was 20 now 72 many years have passed but they were the good old days. Gordon was the asst manager and it was his wife that used to strut up and down like the lady of the manor Gordon only stayed less than a year he moved to take over a pub.I then took his place.I remember Margret with fond memory's she was like a rock keeping things running and Ray clethro working in the pits.I used to hang out with him great times and reat people

I used to go there a lot in the mid sixties, mods used to meet up there. I frequented the cafe, I remember if anything went wrong with the bowling mechanisms a bloke with blond hair and dark glasses would deal with it.

I am surprised you don't remember me Alan, I was never out of the bowl either, Aubrey was the guy I was trying to remember and his wife rita, seemed a strange couple.

Les Phillips drove a Ford Corsair at the time and surprised he was bald.

He measured me for my first bowling ball.

Sorry i do remember you but time make the brain less active

Aubrey was he a very good good bowler and he took my place when gordon left ?????