DIY and Crafty Brides – Please Share Your Ideas!

I know someone who had gingerbread men and ladies and iced everyones names on them so they became place settings and favors

My SIL to be mentioned those to me this morning, they sound very nice... But I've already got mine x

6058107741_a860beef86.jpg

We had Our Cow Molly provide their ice-cream for our desserts so to tie it in our table displays were milk bottles! The hydrangea came from my Mums garden, my OH made the plastic butterfly table numbers at his work and I did the bows. The purple was liquid was just water with red and blue food colouring added! I was really pleased with how they turned out :)

6058655860_0ea9aae113.jpg

The guests 'table cloths' are actually cheap bed sheets, the table runners I bought off ebay and the top table was material bought at Castle Market and hemmed using that iron on hem tape. Was very cost-effective!

Someone I know went to a wedding recently, and for the table centres, they had big glass vases (bought cheaply from Ikea) filled with pick-n-mix type sweets. Instead of place-names, they had candy-striped paper bags with a label on with the guests name and bride and grooms names and date of wedding. They made the labels themselves.

The guests were busy mingling between tables filling their bags, with the added advantage of forcing the guests to mix and socialize! Brilliant idea I thought, and reasonably priced.