DIY and Crafty Brides – Please Share Your Ideas!

Hi,

I am starting this thread as I thought it would be nice for some of the DIY brides and crafty forumers to share to the their wedding makes such as favours, invitations, flowers or anything else you have made for your wedding.

To kick things off I'll share my wedding favours. They were really easy to make (which is what I like!). To make them I used rolls of Love Hearts (you could use rolls of any sweets, like Rolos), some corrugated card and ribbon. I actually corrugated the card myself using a little tool that I had and some spare card left from the invitations I made but it's easier to just buy it.

First you need to cut the card to size, it should be as wide as the role and long enough to wrap round it with a little extra spare to overlap. Put a little bit of double sided tape on one end then wrap around the sweets and press down. Finish it by wrapping a piece of ribbon round and tying a knot. Trim the ends of the ribbon down. The sweets shouldn't fall out of the roll if the card is pulled round tight enough.

There is a pic here: http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii255/ayshea2083/Wedding%20Favours/MikeAyshea_300710_web-res_190.jpg

I actually think they look pretty good seeing as how easy they were to make.

A fantastic idea!! I remember seeing them on the day and wondered what you'd put in them. They looked really eye catching and I had no idea you'd made them at home! Wow!

They look great :)

I have also seen them with the bride & grooms names and date on, sold on ebay but easy enough to make yourself ;)

Angi

I've made these table decorations to go with our country village hall theme...So easy...jam jars were free of course, and the ribbon and lace only costs a couple of pounds for all of it

Wedding crafts

The flowers aren't quite right here it was just a trial. The gingham swatch is for the table runners we're having.

Had a bit of trouble finding the right way to fix the ribbon and lace, glue makes a mess, but double sided sticky tape was best thing

Also having lots of gorgeous flowery bunting made by my super Mum.

For place markers...really quite pleased with myself here....I got these wooden hearts from a supplier on Ebay, about £15 for 50 and the tiny roses from a florist supplier at the Sheffield Wholesale flower market off the Parkway. The tiny foam roses are 55p for 12. Ribbon was about £2 for 7metres.

Wedding place marker

I like that people can keep them, so they are kind of also favours. We're not doing traditional wedding favours, we're buying an Oxfam Unwrapped present for each table instead.

Edited by Yeti
forgot the link to the picture

For save the date, I used magnetic paper and Avery templates for business cards. Got 10 to a sheet, and they look fab, well I think so http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t293/Angilaruk/My%20wedding/savethedatemagnets3.jpg sorry the pic isn't very clear

Also, for nice posy's for the bridesmaids, I got them from Dunelm Mill at Heeley, and fancied them up a bit

Here's when they were from the shop and half way through http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t293/Angilaruk/My%20wedding/bouquetcontrast.jpg and almost finished http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t293/Angilaruk/My%20wedding/bouquetfinal.jpg just have a few diamante's on stems to add closer to the date.

Angi

I made all my table candles using little terracotta pots, modelling clay and raffia with a standard household candle pushed into the clay. They matched the place markers, made with slightly larger terracotta pots with raffia wrapped around and growing tete a tete daffodils growing in them, and the big floral displays, made with huge terracotta pots and hundreds of daffodils in foam in them.

I also made all my favours. Little lined bags made from velvet and lined with satin (both offcuts from the bridesmaids' wraps) and tied with gold cord, containing 5 sugared almonds.

im making my own place setting my colour scheme is apple/lime green so im getting 50 green apples from the market their goinig to cost me £8 then im printing every ones names off cutting them out in a leaf shape and pinning them into the apples with diamante florist pins they cost me £2.99 of ebay.

I spent hours finding just the right font to print 90 guests' names out and copying them in silver caligraphy nibbed pen (hand cut as I couldn't buy one) onto the candles in whisky style tumblers I'd bought for place markers - black for boys and white for girls

A friend had their names and the date spray etched onto shot glasses they used for a toast

I helped another friend spray large pebbles in gold and silver, then enamel paint everybody's name on in black

We're getting quite a collection of keepsakes!

Thankfully the last couple had ginger biscuit hearts :)

There's some really good ideas on here and some great pics. Lets keep them coming!

I like the little place card hearts Yeti, they look really sweet. I could image lots of them hanging on a tree.

I've had a lovely crafty day today!

On the top table we're having these teapot flower arrangements, I found the teapots in charity shops. This morning, at the crack of sparrows, my Mum and I did a reccy of the Sheffield Flower Market and had a go at flower arranging. I've never really done it before. With some oasis it's now working, though I don't think the Womens Institute would have me yet.

The colours look darker on the photo, they are really much paler. I supplemented the flowers we bought with some alchemilla mollis and verbena from my garden (the verbena is a weed creeping under my fence but I love it)

wedding flower teapot

Wedding flower teapot

Edited by Yeti
link to a better photo