SINGLE MUMS - struggling financially?

I don't think that Crookesey is aiming his/her rather good advice at single parents who have become so through unfortunate circumsances. I believe it's aimed at the young ladies who choose to become single parents purposely for their own financial benefit.

Correct, thank god for that, I was just about to look out my old cricket box. :gag:

that why it shoud be shut for this nasty person, crookesey

Correct, thank god for that, I was just about to look out my old cricket box. :gag:

I think anyone with even a slight bit of common sense could see where you were coming from.

Jennie80

...Some people don't start out as single parents, it just works out that way.

As for your last sentence, BIRTH CONTROL, look it up.

That's what I meant.

that why it shoud be shut for this nasty person, crookesey

Not nasty, realistic.

No I understood it, including the 'wick dipping' and 'castrating'. I don't see any reference to either party dying, if this were so I would see my taxes go towards making the survivor and child's life more secure. She also snipes about her paying more tax than me, she's simply a keyboard warrior.

Lol what's a keyboard warrior? The comments on this forum are sweeping for what seems to be all single mums. My point was that women don't always become single parents by choice, nor intend to start out that way. There are also women on the pill who get 'caught' despite careful intentions not to. Also, as noted above, there are fathers who don't have jobs so don't pay maintenance (or 20 quid a month) towards their children, leaving little options for the mother regarding financial security.

It's impossible to differentiate between who did this 'deliberately' and who didn't - but like I said earlier I don't think this would ever be a 'career choice'. Personally going to work is easier for me than being a full time mum, it's hardwork. So to have 5 or 6 kids 'just for the benefits' is not an easy option. Perhaps born from ignorance or fear of entering to working world? Either way every circumstance is different so it's wrong to paint this black and white.

I think anyone with even a slight bit of common sense could see where you were coming from.

That lets you out then. ;)

Single mums are apparently going to be the worst hit by Government cuts.

A report out today says they'll lose on average 8 and a half percent of their income.

They're not getting a job because they'll lose more by working!

Are you struggling?

I wonder how much worse off bankers will be? Oh yes silly me they won't be...And quite right... I mean its not as if they caused the crash is it.

I wonder how much worse off bankers will be? Oh yes silly me they won't be...And quite right... I mean its not as if they caused the crash is it.

You mean apart from the thousands who lost their jobs?

Single mums are apparently going to be the worst hit by Government cuts.

A report out today says they'll lose on average 8 and a half percent of their income.

They're not getting a job because they'll lose more by working!

Are you struggling?

When you say single mums, do you mean single unmarried mums? or single separated mums ?

Why is it on threads like this people always get "pigeon holed".

I was for a time a "single" working parent until I re-married but when my first marriage broke down my daughter was 4 years of age. I had to take her father to court just so that I could get money from him for his own daughter. He also worked full time but paid the bare minimum (he preferred to spend his money in the pub) but never bought her anything extra - even when he took her on holiday he expected me to pay for her or he wouldn't take her. He didn't buy her one pair of shoes or any clothes all the time she was growing up. And when I re-married he begrudged paying his measly £50 per month even more.

Crookesey keeps mentioning "birth control" as if it is just the woman's responsibility - does he/she not feel that men should also take responsibility or, as someone put it, is he allowed to "dip his wick" anywhere he wants without any consequences because it is mostly the woman who ends up with the child.

I know of a number of women who were in what they considered a loving relationship and as soon as they became pregnant the man didn't want to know and disappeared. There are married women who become single parents because the man can't "hack" having a baby around and so decide that they don't want the responsibility so leave the family and find somewhere else to rest their weary heads.

As has been mentioned on here numerous times not ALL single parents are that by choice. A lot of single parents end up being in that situation through their partner leaving them to cope and not caring either about the child/ren's welfare or their ex-partner. And unfortunately in most cases it is the MAN who leaves the woman with the child/dren and not the other way round.

So, Crookesey, where does the man's responsibility come into things? And what about HIM learning about Birth Control?

You mean apart from the thousands who lost their jobs?

And so they should.