SINGLE MUMS - struggling financially?

Single mums are apparently going to be the worst hit by Government cuts.

A report out today says they'll lose on average 8 and a half percent of their income.

They're not getting a job because they'll lose more by working!

Are you struggling?

But single Dads will be absolutely fine?

The report doesn't mention single dads just mums, so I don't know - sorry.

Edited by Real_natalie

Single mums: 8.5% worse off, single dads 7.5% worse off. A couple with no children something like 2% worse off.

Single mums get paid loads anyway, hence why there are so many of them. Maybe they will think about protection now instead of popping out little Chardonay's.

Single mums: 8.5% worse off, single dads 7.5% worse off.

Really. Any idea why there is a difference?

But single Dads will be absolutely fine?

glad you got there first always single mums what about us dads that take our responsobilities seriously !

Single mums get paid loads anyway, hence why there are so many of them. Maybe they will think about protection now instead of popping out little Chardonay's.

I agree to some degree but you shouldn't tar all with the same brush, my brother, sister and I were brought up by a single mother, she worked 2 jobs and my sister is now a single mother with a great career.

There are a lot of college courses etc that single mothers on benefits can do for free mostly so when they do return for work, it doesn't need to be a national minimum wage job, that way they won't have to depend on benefits and they can have fun working.

Again, not tarring with the same brush, there are some that cannot genuinely do this.

PS I'm voting no for any expecting mothers thinking of the name Chadonnay lol

Single mums: 8.5% worse off, single dads 7.5% worse off. A couple with no children something like 2% worse off.
A couple with no children usually (historically) contributes the most and takes the least, in terms of public finances. Certainly was the case, by a country mile, after my Mrs and I got married and before we had a child.

I wouldn't want to sound as reactionary as Bonjon, but something has to be done to tackle the 'benefits lifestyle' issue (financially and morally), and very many single mums are symptomatic of that issue. Certainly, the few that I know.

I agree to some degree but you shouldn't tar all with the same brush, my brother, sister and I were brought up by a single mother, she worked 2 jobs and my sister is now a single mother with a great career.

There are a lot of college courses etc that single mothers on benefits can do for free mostly so when they do return for work, it doesn't need to be a national minimum wage job, that way they won't have to depend on benefits and they can have fun working.

Again, not tarring with the same brush, there are some that cannot genuinely do this.

PS I'm voting no for any expecting mothers thinking of the name Chadonnay lol

Sorry I did seem to generalise there, what I meant is the high amount of single mothers that chose having a baby for financial/housing gain.

Do single dads get maintenance money from the mother ?

Single mums are apparently going to be the worst hit by Government cuts.

A report out today says they'll lose on average 8 and a half percent of their income.

They're not getting a job because they'll lose more by working!

Are you struggling?

What do you not understand about these two words, BIRTH CONTROL? :loopy: