Italian Restaurant Sheffield City Centre

Is there an Italian restaurant in the city centre, apart from Las iguanas.

I received poor service and cold food last time I was there.

Ain't even sure if that was Italian I disliked it and wanted to forget it in such a hurry.

My best friends birthday saturday she got nothing planed this weekend to celebrate it.

But we are the weekend after we are all going out for chinese and bowling.

I asked her if she wanted to go out this saturday to, to celebrate her birthday.

Cant let her stay in and not do anything, plus I love having time out with my friends.

So want to take her for a meal in town for her birthday :) just me and her.

Ad we have such a giggle and enjoy our chats about random crap :) thought we could go a few bars after. :)

Any suggestions appreciated :)

BBs on Division Street is fantastic. Authentic looking Italian surrounding and great food

Mmm tacos and Fajitas, those great traditional Italian favourites... :hihi::loopy:

(Las Iguanas is very very MEXICAN ;))

There are loads of Italian restaurants in the city centre.

For you I would recommend BB's on Division Street - delicious, cheap & cheerful, and you can bring your own wine :)

We always go to piccolos on Covent walk, next to west one development, the food is always lovely.

BB's aint bad. Particularly as it is open late. There is not a great deal in the city centre in terms of authentic Italian cuisine. However, I actually think Zizzi's in Leopold Square is pretty good as far as chain restaurants go. The Flying Pizza always used to be all right....although I am talking about 18 years ago. Not been since then!

BB's aint bad. Particularly as it is open late. There is not a great deal in the city centre in terms of authentic Italian cuisine. However, I actually think Zizzi's in Leopold Square is pretty good as far as chain restaurants go. The Flying Pizza always used to be all right....although I am talking about 18 years ago. Not been since then!

If thats the one on Glossop Rd across from the barracks that became Pizza Volante then I'm afraid it closed down earlier this year.

Oh, I am sure it had its' lights lit up outside, and had people inside not long ago. Are you sure? I am not contesting what you say, though.

BB's is really nice. For just the two of you if would be perfect as it's a lovely, small, family run restaurant. Their lasagne is absolutely gorgeous.

Oh, I am sure it had its' lights lit up outside, and had people inside not long ago. Are you sure? I am not contesting what you say, though.

Yep, go past it every night. There's a thread on here about it somewhere. Here in fact!

I only went once but enjoyed it.

BB's from me too. I just add my birthday there and they made it really special. Food really nice and good price.

BB's is great. For what is essentially a traditional cheap and cheerful type Italian, the food is very good and it usually feels nice and cosy. It occasionally gets a bit rowdy on Fri or Sat though. I went once and was amazed that a very loud table who'd got a bit out of hand weren't ejected. It spoiled our night and maybe other people's too on that visit, but despite that we've been back on other occasions and enjoyed it.

The others are nothing special.

Piccolino's - good but expensive and a bit full-on with hidden service charges and conning you into buying more stuff all the way through the meal. Basically I like the food and the place but I don't like the constant marketing and don't trust them not to diddle me.

Antibo's - food is nothing special and generally feels too big and anonymous, service is hit and miss and you don't feel looked after very much.

The city centre lacks a biggish upmarket genuine Italian restaurant that feels more 'special'.