IT career development

wanting to do a IT course/training to develop my IT skills. Want to go into a support technician role, just wandering if anyone has done any courses and where and if it a successful choice??

I have looked at compTIA+ and MCITP delivered by skillsoft, which is being offered by reed.co.uk, has a steep price tag....

thanks, but i think they just take on apprentices between 18-20.

Don't bother, there are very few support jobs in this area. If you are prepared to move to London then give it a try but I would not spend money on any of those courses and expect to get a job in this area.

wanting to do a IT course/training to develop my IT skills. Want to go into a support technician role, just wandering if anyone has done any courses and where and if it a successful choice??

I have looked at compTIA+ and MCITP delivered by skillsoft, which is being offered by reed.co.uk, has a steep price tag....

If you want to have a career in IT become a developer. I don't know how competitive it is but I'm pretty sure it can't be as bad as IT support in this area. There still aren't many jobs but there are a lot more than there are support roles.

Be wary, a lot of development is going the way of outsourcing. Many companies from developing nations are muscling in on this area and the can undercut UK staff by huge percentages. Also software development is an activity that can easily be performed offshore. It might not be massively problematic now, but I believe that is a future trend.

I've just completed contracts at three massive organisations and that's the way they are going. The typically greedy and short-sighted captains of industry are failing to see the long term issues with this policy.

You can study for the CompTIA A+ plus without needing to take a course. You can just study on your own and pay for the exam if you want.

You can study for the CompTIA A+ plus without needing to take a course. You can just study on your own and pay for the exam if you want.

Not that it will help you get a job but if it interests you then get a book and do it yourself.

thanks guys...

think i might leave it then, as the dude is very keen on getting me aboard, he keeps ringing me....