Any airgunners here?

out of interest if anyone has any shooting rights for ratting on a farm and wants to share costs etc please let me know. i used to have access to lots of land at Aston and shot pigeons /rabbits etc but its fairly boring on hours spent to shots taken, whereas you get a bit of action with rats on commercial farms (poultry etc).

Anyone interested or wanting to obtain some shooting any info appreciated.

do u still have the shooting rights to that land mate? cos im always on the look out for new land and im also willing to pay to shoot:)

do u still have the shooting rights to that land mate? cos im always on the look out for new land and im also willing to pay to shoot:)

unfortunately not, i let it lapse as such, the farmer already had shotgunners on there who didnt really want us on with air rifles anyway so we had to avoid walking the fields when they were out with decoys etc. you could go days at a time with no shots, was a bit open and you needed to decoy from the hedgerows ideally. have done it with airgun and shot pigeons but not easy compared to shotgun!

my uncle shoots at a poulty farm in lincolnshire which has literally millions of rats, he can shoot 20-30 an evening /night and not make any impact on their numbers !

Not been to a range in ages but would love to get back into it

Quite some years ago i bought an Air Arms S400 Classic.. absolutely love it, but you have to be careful with the different manufacturers of pellets - it loves the Air Arms brand of them but any others except for JSB daibolos ive found out.

what do you have? Mates got an S200 which i always thought looked a bit odd, and he also has some spring weihrauch which is a right beast :D

I've got an S200 in .177 and it's a brilliant tool. Does look a bit weird (like a toy trget rifle!) but it's very accurate and a joy to shoot.

unfortunately not, i let it lapse as such, the farmer already had shotgunners on there who didnt really want us on with air rifles anyway so we had to avoid walking the fields when they were out with decoys etc. you could go days at a time with no shots, was a bit open and you needed to decoy from the hedgerows ideally. have done it with airgun and shot pigeons but not easy compared to shotgun!

my uncle shoots at a poulty farm in lincolnshire which has literally millions of rats, he can shoot 20-30 an evening /night and not make any impact on their numbers !

I know what you mean mate. I've only got one permission at the moment, a small livery. it's quite open so the woodies and maggies see you coming a mile off. Had most success with the woodies at night. Think I'm going to have to get a basic hide and a decoy or two.

Apparantly they are swamped with rats round the stables but I've not spent much time looking for them, as recently I've been going in the day.

I know what you mean mate. I've only got one permission at the moment, a small livery. it's quite open so the woodies and maggies see you coming a mile off. Had most success with the woodies at night. Think I'm going to have to get a basic hide and a decoy or two.

Apparantly they are swamped with rats round the stables but I've not spent much time looking for them, as recently I've been going in the day.

hi mate iv got permision to shoot in a big woodland if u fancy a shooting sesion on day

its quite interesting decoying but they are clever chuffs and you need camo hat/hoody type cover for your head/face ideally. you can use the plastic decoys and then a real pigeon or two once you have shot a couple. quite exciting once they start coming in and landing on top of your set up!

its quite interesting decoying but they are clever chuffs and you need camo hat/hoody type cover for your head/face ideally. you can use the plastic decoys and then a real pigeon or two once you have shot a couple. quite exciting once they start coming in and landing on top of your set up!

iv just got a load of new land in barlow and i cant wait to try it out, is it just pigeons u go for or do u shoot rabbits also

iv just got a load of new land in barlow and i cant wait to try it out, is it just pigeons u go for or do u shoot rabbits also

Hi mate, my permission is in Barlow as well. I think we need to meet up! I'll PM you. Rich

Hi mate, my permission is in Barlow as well. I think we need to meet up! I'll PM you. Rich

defo mate :)

have shot rabbits but they were few and far between tbh. pigeons were a bother on there so you were encouraged to get as many as poss, but they were proper wildies with eyes like hawks!

at the minute i am toying with killing 3 or 4 squirrels that are being a pain in the neck on our back, they are destroying all our bird feeders and digging up plants etc. really dont want to but nothing we do is scaring them off or stopping them ripping stuff to bits to get to the food. birds dont get a look in! was funny at first seeing them but they are so persistent and annoying.

have shot rabbits but they were few and far between tbh. pigeons were a bother on there so you were encouraged to get as many as poss, but they were proper wildies with eyes like hawks!

at the minute i am toying with killing 3 or 4 squirrels that are being a pain in the neck on our back, they are destroying all our bird feeders and digging up plants etc. really dont want to but nothing we do is scaring them off or stopping them ripping stuff to bits to get to the food. birds dont get a look in! was funny at first seeing them but they are so persistent and annoying.

i know what u mean mate, i dont like to shoot them either but if they are doing all the damage u say then it sounds like its the only way mate, and at the end of the day they are still vermin:(

im gonna watch this with great interest, hoping somebody comes up with something in my area hoyland / barnsley.