Sign in to follow this  

Sola - why was it so empty?

Maybe they need to do a better job with their marketting and promotions?

Originally posted by Meaks

No draught beers?

Overpriced drinks?

Loud music?

Random closures?

:rant:

I'm not being funny....

what he said. No Guiness as well?

To be honest, everyone I know who's been there has complained of the management and service/people handling. I share such views from personal experience including the worst Valentines Day ever there and though I don't want to go into specifics nor will I go there for those reasons. Shame that its let down so much, its layout, design and even music (like the stuff BullyBeef plays) is great. I just won't give them my money.

I went to Sola Bar last Friday night for the first time. The attitude of staff was horrible, they were rude and arrogant. Apart from our group (of about 30 people) there were only 4 others who didn't come with us. So if it wasn't for us the bar would be empty!!

It's hard to be critical, especially when Sola have welcomed us to have forum meets there. However, the reality is that I am unlikely to go there again.

I went tonight with a couple of friends, and the place was empty. We were told it was closing at 10pm. Not good for what we thought was a late bar. In all honesty we were not made to feel welcome, and at about 9:45 the lights were turned up, the music turned off and the air conditioning came on.

I know it's not worth the bar being open for just three customers, BUT you've now lost three customers for good. We went around the corner to the Wig and Pen, where the staff were happy to stay open until 11pm.

I know several people who don't go to Sola because they don't know if it will be open. Until the place can at least keep regular hours, it will continue to be dead.

Sorry if that is harsh, but it's the truth.

Originally posted by Andy

It's hard to be critical, especially when Sola have welcomed us to have forum meets there. However, the reality is that I am unlikely to go there again.

I went tonight with a couple of friends, and the place was empty. We were told it was closing at 10pm. Not good for what we thought was a late bar. In all honesty we were not made to feel welcome, and at about 9:45 the lights were turned up, the music turned off and the air conditioning came on.

I know it's not worth the bar being open for just three customers, BUT you've now lost three customers for good. We went around the corner to the Wig and Pen, where the staff were happy to stay open until 11pm.

I know several people who don't go to Sola because they don't know if it will be open. Until the place can at least keep regular hours, it will continue to be dead.

Sorry if that is harsh, but it's the truth.

to me Sola is a complete joke. A bar that may or may not be open at a certain time or may close early. what is the point? especially considering where it is

It's closing anyway, it'll be shut within a month. Or they're lying to the staff.

oooh, TheWatcher - do you know summat we don't? Tell us please!

Could it be anything to do with the fact that it cost £3 a pint.

Bloody London prices in Sheff, who do they think they are?

Originally posted by moworm

Could it be anything to do with the fact that it cost £3 a pint.

Bloody London prices in Sheff, who do they think they are?

im from london, if you know somewhere city centre that does £3 a pint let us know :D

It's off Trippet Lane.

Shame really, it's a nice venue just run completely wrong.