Linking Laptop to TV - help!

I want to connect my laptop to my t.v., but the laptop only has usb connection points (no HDMI)....annoying as Sony VAOI brought out a later version with HDMI point after I bought my laptop!

Wondering whether there's a cable of something you can buy than acts as a convertor of sorts, with USB end for the laptop and appropriate other end for the tv?

Help?!! :)

There will no doupt be some sort of converter, but get ready to pay a lot of money.

If your laprop has an s-video slot then i'm sure you can get and lead which is a "s-video + audio that will work with a scart at the other end.

Best thing to do is ask the mods to move this over the the tech section of the forum, theres where all the knowledgable geeks hang out, they have helped me on several occasions a great set they are and always happy to help.

If your laprop has an s-video slot then i'm sure you can get and lead which is a "s-video + audio that will work with a scart at the other end.

Best thing to do is ask the mods to move this over the the tech section of the forum, theres where all the knowledgable geeks hang out, they have helped me on several occasions a great set they are and always happy to help.

Thats not very nice is it? :hihi:

Thats not very nice is it? :hihi:

I'm sure they won't mind :hihi: After all It's the geeks of the world who make the world go round, we'd all be lost without geeks!

Does your TV have a VGA socket?

You can get converters that will convert VGA to a SCART if not.

I'm sure they won't mind :hihi: After all It's the geeks of the world who make the world go round, we'd all be lost without geeks!

I thought it was fat-bottomed girls who make the world go round?

No it's in the bible "The geek shall inherit the earth"

Fat bottomed girls make the rocking world go round :cool:

I want to connect my laptop to my t.v., but the laptop only has usb connection points (no HDMI)....annoying as Sony VAOI brought out a later version with HDMI point after I bought my laptop!

Wondering whether there's a cable of something you can buy than acts as a convertor of sorts, with USB end for the laptop and appropriate other end for the tv?

Help?!! :)

I've bought all sorts of cables and connectors from various places on eBay, I'm sure you'll find something cheaply on there.

I got one cable/connector for 10p which was £12.99 in Currys...

would be a help if we knew what model the laptop was

There are 'usb to hdmi' convertors on ebay but they seem a bit expensive type in the search and have a look also amazon may have something.