Henry Speights Removals

Is there anyone still out there who worked at Speights removals at Crookes?

I was there from Dec 1964 - June 1978. The name's Joe, if you remember me or not get in touch. Thanks

Hi my step dad Ian Smith worked there for 25 years or more with Malcolm Wright who is now the owner! The premises has now moved to Heeley. People who worked there at the same time as Ian were, Steven Rascus?, Mick Brookes (son of Don, Shakka Brookes), Keith, Peter. I will ask him for more info when I see him next.

Jo-Jo

As a young lad mid 60s seem to remember a bloke called Brian Norrie moved us to Fox Hill, would that be correct?.

I sometimes see Mick Brookes out and about, he's normally walking.

Hi anyone remember Roly Birks...he was my uncle I remember him working thereyears back.

In the late fifties, when I was a schoolboy, my bedroom window overlooked Speight's yard. I remember Leyland Comet lorries as well as an assortment of removal vans. Goodness knows how they packed them into that small yard and got them up a narrow drive.

In later life Don once took me to a midnight BRSCC film show in Leeds. He was also a motor racing judge often seen at Cadwell Park.

On a Saturday Don would often pop into the greengrocer's next to my business to buy "old men's apples", Russets.

The first car I remember him owning was a two tone American built Austin Nash Metropolitan.

Hi joe my dad remembers working with you at Speights his name is Ian Dewsnap he also remembers most of the others named on here also Dennis slinn! He told me a funny story about painting part of the lorry with a full tin of paint! Lol