Is it time for Britain to get out of the EU

Chortle all you want, the fact is no one has had the opportunity in this country to vote for various upgrades and guises of the EU since the 70s.

Yes they have, at every Local, General and European election there has been candidates standing on the premise of getting out of the EU.

I'm sorry for the typo. Lol, it really did fox you though didn't it! I'll try again.

And we need to have a say in how that market is run.

I'll refer you to this post:

No you didn't fox me at all, I knew that sooner or later you start getting personal as your last post has shown.

Not suprising the anti EU parties get less votes have you considered why this is?

Edited by Streamline

With the strength of anti-eu sentiment, how come the Greens made it to parliament before UKIP?

Yes they have, at every Local, General and European election there has been candidates standing on the premise of getting out of the EU.

Since when have we had a vote to stay in or out of the EU?

With the strength of anti-eu sentiment, how come the Greens made it to parliament before UKIP?

I think I'm right in saying that there are more British Eurosceptic MEP's than pro EU MEP's.

Edited by <Aim 4>

Who gets the most funding can control the media.

I think I'm right in saying that there are more anti than pro EU British MEP's.

They can't be that anti-EU if they've taking the shilling to help govern it.

But as to the figures and allegiances, I have no idea.

It is worth remembering though that UKIP (and other minority parties) reach Fat City when they get an MEP elected (which is generally easier and cheaper than getting an MP elected).

Perhaps that's why they choose to do it, even if they have plausible denial (working to bring it down from the inside)

Who gets the most funding can control the media.

So people with anti-eu sentiment don't have enough money? Perhaps they should apply to the EU for funds.

So people with anti-eu sentiment don't have enough money? Perhaps they should apply to the EU for funds.

Shouldn't be a problem.

Do you by any chance have a list of "pet projects" I can apply to?

Since when have we had a vote to stay in or out of the EU?

Did you get a vote on whether the new bit of the ring road was built? Did you get a vote on whether parts of Derbyshire were changed to South Yorkshire as Sheffield expanded? Did you get a vote on whether the base rate for income tax was changed in the last budget?

All things which may affect you directly, but you can only pass your opinion on by voting people into power which share your views.

If there was a strong feeling and concensus that we need to get out of the EU, the anti-EU parties would be doing better than they are, which in turn would cause the major parties to alter their stances. If you currently asked people to rate whether we leave the EU from 1 - definately leave, as soon as possible; to 10 - definately not, ever; I think you'd find most people are hanging around the 3 to 5 region.

If you feel that we should have regular referendums on continuing our EU membership, I would be interested in your opinion on whether we should do the same for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland's continuing membership of the UK?

Did you get a vote on whether the new bit of the ring road was built? Did you get a vote on whether parts of Derbyshire were changed to South Yorkshire as Sheffield expanded? Did you get a vote on whether the base rate for income tax was changed in the last budget?

All things which may affect you directly, but you can only pass your opinion on by voting people into power which share your views.

If there was a strong feeling and concensus that we need to get out of the EU, the anti-EU parties would be doing better than they are, which in turn would cause the major parties to alter their stances. If you currently asked people to rate whether we leave the EU from 1 - definately leave, as soon as possible; to 10 - definately not, ever; I think you'd find most people are hanging around the 3 to 5 region.

If you feel that we should have regular referendums on continuing our EU membership, I would be interested in your opinion on whether we should do the same for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland's continuing membership of the UK?

I haven't got a problem with your proposals and how at the same time do you feel the vote given to the people of Ireland being re-run until the EU got the "correct" result?

If Britain did leave the EU (and assuming that Scotland and Wales went along with it) what do you foresee as Britain's future outside of Europe ?

Business as usual.