Is it time for Britain to get out of the EU

Give us a break ……….. a empire to a lap dog

Are you trying to claim that the UK is an empire? If so you're a good 75 years too late with your comment!

Other people aren't so sure, I'm sure that there'd be a price to pay if we left the EU and wanted to continue to trade with them, for example would the French accept it laying down? One things for sure we'd have absolutely no say on the EU trade laws if we left the EU, but we'd still have to abide by them to continue trading with them.

What about the answer to the question about the costs?

In all honesty im not sure, but self determination is worth every penny.

God that was corny :P

The bill of human rights is tying the hands of our own legal system and we are bailing out countries with the Euro even though we aren’t part of it, Greece are coming for another huge handout………. Is it time for us to say enough is enough.

Yes it is time to get out of the EU.

Nothing. The countries who take part are eligible as members of EBU -the European Broadcasting Union.

I'm well aware of that. It was Rich who said we should get out of Eurovision on a thread about the EU, hence me asking about the connection.

No, end of thread
There you go again,dictating to people! in your usual bullying manner!..............I think you will find a referendum would suggest we left the EU at the appropriate time.

In all honesty im not sure, but self determination is worth every penny.

God that was corny :P

Would we have self determination in a world dominated by the USA and China?

Other people aren't so sure, I'm sure that there'd be a price to pay if we left the EU and wanted to continue to trade with them, for example would the French accept it laying down? One things for sure we'd have absolutely no say on the EU trade laws if we left the EU, but we'd still have to abide by them to continue trading with them.

What about the answer to the question about the costs?

Britain quite happily traded with the rest of the world prior to the "Common Market" and as we can now see we exchanged that trading position for doing deals with countries that can't even run their own economies let alone trade with the rest of the world. We're now forced to loan those countries money whilst dealing with our own economic crisis.

Are you trying to claim that the UK is an empire? If so you're a good 75 years too late with your comment!

I didn’t mention any time scale ……… it was merely a statement of where we were to where we are now, although the way we keep flexing our military muscle you might be mistaken for thinking that there are those that still believe we still have a empire.

I think you will find a referendum would suggest we left the EU at the appropriate time.

But would that referendum provide an answer based on considered thought and logic, or would it be based on heresay and blind panic?

In my experience, the people who are most against the EU are those who want to know the least about our involvement in it, because they already know *everything* about them.

Would we have self determination in a world dominated by the USA and China?

What self determination have we got now?

Britain quite happily traded with the rest of the world prior to the "Common Market" and as we can now see we exchanged that trading position for doing deals with countries that can't even run their own economies let alone trade with the rest of the world. We're now forced to loan those countries money whilst dealing with our own economic crisis.

The world has moved on now, it's realised that it doesn't owe us a living and we have to earn their trade.

But would that referendum provide an answer based on considered thought and logic, or would it be based on heresay and blind panic?

In my experience, the people who are most against the EU are those who want to know the least about our involvement in it, because they already know *everything* about them.

The EU is nothing more than political ideology and on that basis people have a right to vote if they wish to be a part of it or not. That is what a democracy is.