Advertising on gumtree

Hi, has anyone advertised on gumtree?

Yesterday, i posted 2/3 adds for sale on the forum, and on gumtree. Had good interest from the forum , but strange results from gumtree.

i was asking £60 for one item, and £90 for the other. one reply offered to double my asking price if i sent it to his grandson in nigeria.

And just got a reply for other item saying if i hit the request money button (something on gumtree i believe) they will pay me 160 euro direct into my paypal account.

Are all gumtree shoppers so generous?

scam city on there. you will get alot wanting you to send money to places like nigeria. i was sent a fake cheque for a van i was selling but i shouldn't of trusted the buyer anyway as they offered more than the van was worth. be very careful on there

con con con con come on these cons been going yrs

:o Dont mention Gumtree on here !!!

:hihi:

ooops, sorry did not mean to swear!!!

I bought a play kitchen off gumtree for my son it was advertised for £10 I asked my dad to pick it up for me as I was working when he fetched it up for me is was nothing like the picture advertised it was I little plastic thing and it was broke I just threw it away im more carefull now what I buy . you could try netmums I have sold quite a few things on there.

I second netmums it's a very good sight and more genuine people and not as many chancers.