Recommend a carpet & flooring supplier/fitter? No quotes/advertising

Please can anyone recommend someone to fit a strip of carpet in a lounge, where bookcases have been removed (I already have the carpet).

Many thanks.

6 hours ago, Ccathnett said:

Please can anyone recommend someone to fit a strip of carpet in a lounge, where bookcases have been removed (I already have the carpet).

Many thanks.

You could do it yourself it's  not difficult, I had the same job to do last year. Providing  the carpet piece matches and the grain all running the right way you can stick it together underneath  with double sided tape. My visitors  can't  tell the difference I have to point it out to them which makes me know I did a good job.

It will save you money to do it yourself.

Hi can you recommend a joiner to put up my new laminate flooring?

Thanks!

Sheffield S12 area.

I am wondering if anyone ever fitted LVT planks on their stairs? I'd like to have ones installed (seems it's perfectly feasible) but I am not sure what to do with the nosings for the flush look (The shop does not supply the matching ones, and the chrome/aluminium ones that they've got will make my oak-effect staircase look like a cheap office/shop o_O).

Does anyone know any places to shop for the laminate/vynil staircase nosings? I've been told to  go to Sheffield flooring solutions in Darnall, any other suggestions?

Thanks!

On 11/03/2019 at 11:53, Conte said:

I am wondering if anyone ever fitted LVT planks on their stairs? I'd like to have ones installed (seems it's perfectly feasible) but I am not sure what to do with the nosings for the flush look (The shop does not supply the matching ones, and the chrome/aluminium ones that they've got will make my oak-effect staircase look like a cheap office/shop o_O).

Does anyone know any places to shop for the laminate/vynil staircase nosings? I've been told to  go to Sheffield flooring solutions in Darnall, any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi I’m an estimator for a flooring company and there’s been a couple of occasions of customers requesting lvt on a staircase.. most nosings are very commercial looking, bit of n eyesore tbh. You can get an lvt nosing that are ok but you won’t get the colour to match so it doesn’t look great. We got away with using a self adhesive angle edge which come in many wood effect colours and you can get one very close to the colour plank, if it’s wood... anyway both customers I’ve done that with have been very happy with the result and haven’t heard of any issues. Plus it’s a lot cheaper than proper nosings. Hope this helps

Forgot to mention that we built out the riser so the drop was an angle rather than a curve...

I'll be wanting a carpet or wood/laminate floor fitter in the very near future for a full 2 bed flat fitting out, I would rather go by recommendations if I can from people that have used a company and got good quality work for a competitive price.

The site is clear of everything so no working round furniture of taking out old flooring.

Anyone you can think of?

Thanks

Can anyone recommend a carpet fitter?

Looking at getting 2 rooms done, will probably get the Carpet/Underlay ourselves but need someone to fit as large rooms.

S60 based.

Cheers

Matt

i always use room style at attercliffe,just done my full house and they have a carpet fitter that has worked for the queen,via fitted carpets on her ship,but theres so much choice in sheffield ,its often who you feel comfortable with and not always down to price,but i have always got a great deal and fitting next to none,where ever i have been over many years.

Edited by nikki-red

We are thinking of putting down LVT in  our kitchen. I have heard getting an experienced fitter is important otherwise there can be problems. Can anyone recommend a LVT supplier/fitter - thanks

6 minutes ago, fozzy9876 said:

We are thinking of putting down LVT in  our kitchen. I have heard getting an experienced fitter is important otherwise there can be problems. Can anyone recommend a LVT supplier/fitter - thanks

Buy it from a supplier like Balfour suppliers hate people who say ive already got it go down pick some and there fitters will sort it you dont know who youre getting  on here .. Balfours got 20 fitters doing it every day 

6 minutes ago, fozzy9876 said:

16 minutes ago, spider1 said:

Buy it from a supplier like Balfour suppliers hate people who say ive already got it go down pick some and there fitters will sort it you dont know who youre getting  on here .. Balfours got 20 fitters doing it every day 

Thanks, we need it supplied & fitted.  The carpets in our house were from Balfour so no idea why I didn't think of them!  Its the fitting i'm most concerned about & I know some fitters just do LVT  so looking for that level of experience.  I will have a chat with Balfour - thanks again.