Can Anyone Identify This Movie?

I've been trying for ages to find out what it was as I remember it haunting me when I was a kid. I must have seen it in the early 90s but there's no saying it was made then (although I don't think it would have been much earlier.

It is about a family who move to a new house in an English (I think) village. The main story of the film is that there is a ghost who haunts the village.

Here are the scenes I remember:

The ghost has a white face and wears a cow bell around his neck. In one scene he is stood at the window who the children of the house are trying to get to sleep.

The father of the family is investigating who the ghost is. He goes to a local primary school where every single child has drawn an image of the ghost in art class

One of the family's sons has a vision of a battle in the valleys of the village while they are out walking.

This is all I remember. It might be that it was simply a short film as part of a now forgotten series but it's worth another try as it's always on my mind.

It's not Tarry Dan... although this does have a similar synopsis.

I know it's a long shot but this has annoyed me for years and years

I thought it could be "The Canterville Ghost" but I can not remember them going to the school.

I thought it could be "The Canterville Ghost" but I can not remember them going to the school.

No, that's not it but thank you for the suggestion :)

Are you sure this isn't a TV show?

I don't think so but I'm not entirely sure. It could have been a TV show or a mini-series

I've been trying for ages to find out what it was as I remember it haunting me when I was a kid. I must have seen it in the early 90s but there's no saying it was made then (although I don't think it would have been much earlier.

It is about a family who move to a new house in an English (I think) village. The main story of the film is that there is a ghost who haunts the village.

Here are the scenes I remember:

The ghost has a white face and wears a cow bell around his neck. In one scene he is stood at the window who the children of the house are trying to get to sleep.

The father of the family is investigating who the ghost is. He goes to a local primary school where every single child has drawn an image of the ghost in art class

One of the family's sons has a vision of a battle in the valleys of the village while they are out walking.

This is all I remember. It might be that it was simply a short film as part of a now forgotten series but it's worth another try as it's always on my mind.

It's not Tarry Dan... although this does have a similar synopsis.

I know it's a long shot but this has annoyed me for years and years

Is it the Ghost of Greville lodge?

Is it the Ghost of Greville lodge?

No, it's around about 10 years before that. I saw it in the early 90s (give or take a couple of years)

do you know the name of any actors that were in the film?

do you know the name of any actors that were in the film?

I'm afraid not. Everything I remember is in the description above.