10oz gloves for kickboxing - advice please

Hi there,

I'm after some 10oz gloves for kickboxing and was wondering which type and where to buy? I gather the TopTen gloves and Twins Special ones are good, however with myself being very tall and the gloves in a one size fits all style, I didnt know if brands are bigger in size than each other? I've got up to £50 to spend. Anywhere in Sheffield you'd reccommend me going?

Thanks in advance.

wickercamp sell twins gloves. should be able to get some for £50ish. diferent gloves fit diferently.. cleto rayes for example seam to have a longer cuff and not as much padding around the knuckles. known as a knockout glove. but if you are also using these to compete in then a lot of orgs wont let you wear them..and a little over your price range(double infact). if just for training just buy a cheap pair from decathlon.

We stock good quality boxing gloves (all weights) that start from £28.50 up to £50. Please Pm if you would like more details.

Edited by inferno331

i would recomend Twins or Fairtex. however if you are after gloves for sparring or for bag work i would recomend getting some 16 or 18oz gloves. 10oz gloves are purely for fighting in. i have a pair of topten gloves which i use to wear when i competed when i was younger. they are a great glove but the bayflex which they are filled with is all in the knuckle, making it more absorbent when hitting your opponent. Twins are a tight fit (but then again i have big hands), the wrist support which twins provide is great and they are really comfortable.

would highly recomend going down to Wicker Camp to buy them as you will be ablew to select the glove you want and if you ask Mick or Trix im sure they will let you try them on so that you can feel which is right for you