Car megastore in Hillsborough

My brothers OH just bought a car from Car Megastore, she was told it had 1 months warranty. She then saw a groupon offer to have it serviced and valeted at a Peugeot garage for only £29, so booked it in.

They informed her the head gasket was just starting to go. She contacted Car Megastore and they've been really good. Carried out the work needed and also lent her a car as the mechanic was off for a few days.

Second hand car market is a dumping ground for problem cars. Its in your interest to figure whats wrong with it and when its going to die....

never buy a Automatic ..... junk yard :)

I bought a car from there in 2012, never had a problem with it.

My Mrs got one last Monday 17/2/14 .. Had a low tyre pressure on one of the wheels.. I took it to pump it up today and it went down within 10 minutes.. Took car to challenger on Rutland road. They removed tyre and alloy is cracked.. Going to speak to car megastore sales chap Richard tomorrow see if they will pay for the repair.. Managed to get it fixed for £50 so not an awful loss if they won't but after spending £20k on 2 cars I should hope that they will!!

You can't 'fix' an alloy wheel, the structure of the metal prevents it from being welded.

People do try and tig them up, but it's really not a good idea.

I've bought a couple of cars from these guys. They were fine.

I bought a car from here back in 2009, within 12 months id paid more out in repairs than id paid for the car..scrapped the thing in the end.

Don't know if I just got unlucky? they have a sister dealership further along Penistone road, forget its name but its run by the same family and the same $ eyed finance bloke, Ivor flits between both showrooms.

sorry to shamelessly plug but my current mechanic has his own little showroom, lee @ hillfoot motors. I like the fact hes his own boss & does repair work as well as selling a small amount of cars from his garage. so if you buy owt from him and a problem crops up, hes there to fix it himself.

After learning the hard way I shall certainly be giving dealerships more than a wide berth :hihi::hihi::

Buying any second hand car from anywhere is a lottery.

You takes ya chance, as they say.

I was lucky enough to have company cars for many years, but retirement is a different story.

I don't see the point of "naming" the dealer.

Most second hand dealers give a short warranty, and rightly so.

They just buy and sell cars after all.

So....I bought a pig of a car, and like kel-lou disposed of it after 18 months.

Traded it in elsewhere and have been fortunate this time.

The bad experience with the first car doesn't mean I need to slagg the dealer off on the internet.

Put it down to experience, hard luck, and move on.

P.S. Neither of my purchases were from the dealer in question. Just thought I should say that to avoid confusion.

Edited by Allen

I bought a car from here back in 2009, within 12 months id paid more out in repairs than id paid for the car..scrapped the thing in the end.

Don't know if I just got unlucky? they have a sister dealership further along Penistone road, forget its name but its run by the same family and the same $ eyed finance bloke, Ivor flits between both showrooms.

sorry to shamelessly plug but my current mechanic has his own little showroom, lee @ hillfoot motors. I like the fact hes his own boss & does repair work as well as selling a small amount of cars from his garage. so if you buy owt from him and a problem crops up, hes there to fix it himself.

After learning the hard way I shall certainly be giving dealerships more than a wide berth :hihi::hihi::

You on a promise for advertising ?

i've never bought a car from them and have never had any problems with the car i didnt buy :hihi:

You on a promise for advertising ?

I think he's married love, as am I :)

I brought a car from here in July and after getting home soon realised some faults DVD player didn't work rear wiper the clutch slipping took it straight back and they said they would sort it in a week.

One week later all fixed apart from DVD player as auto electrician was on holiday drove out of show room and the front spring broke!!! Once again they fixed it apart from the DVD player saying it was broke and not under warranty !!! Jokers!!! At present I'm about to take them to the small claims court under the sales of goods act!! Watch out for these cowboys!!!

I brought a car from here in July and after getting home soon realised some faults DVD player didn't work rear wiper the clutch slipping took it straight back and they said they would sort it in a week.

One week later all fixed apart from DVD player as auto electrician was on holiday drove out of show room and the front spring broke!!! Once again they fixed it apart from the DVD player saying it was broke and not under warranty !!! Jokers!!! At present I'm about to take them to the small claims court under the sales of goods act!! Watch out for these cowboys!!!

They repair everything apart from the DVD player and they are cowboys?

They are breaking the law under the sales of goods act 1979!!!

If you brought a car for just under 6k wouldn't you want everything to work?!

They are breaking the law under the sales of goods act 1979!!!

If you brought a car for just under 6k wouldn't you want everything to work?!

Is the DVD a factory fit?