Has anyone applied for a job at the new Asda at Parson Cross

been to asda magic today waitin to hear in next few days if i have been successfull :roll:figers cossed

oops "fingers"

Isn't it a sign of the times?

Even in the 1980s, a job as a shelfstacker in a Supermarket went only to people who were duffers, had the brains of a golf ball and who left school with a top grade of a "G" in woodwork, and whos best friend was a Hamster, called "Andy" In other words "a job for the social misfit no-hopers"

Fast forward to 2011, and a job in a supermarket is sought after and in generally seen as a job with promotion prospects and security for life.

The people in the HR Department have got hernias, simply trying to wade through the 1000s of applicants who wish to work on the chicken counter

How times change

I know someone that got a job there. It opens mid September. Fingers crossed for everyone who applied ;)

it's a no for me as well, dont wanna sound bitter but i dont think the local jobs for local ppl has been considered, most ppl that were at same session as me were from out of sheff :confused:

Not everyone on JSA sit on their backsides all day.
except you :hihi:

it's a no for me as well, dont wanna sound bitter but i dont think the local jobs for local ppl has been considered, most ppl that were at same session as me were from out of sheff :confused:

Im sure they're not. My other half found out today she also hasn't been successful and we live 5 minutes away.

My sister applied right at the begining and hasnt heard anything yet.She is still being considered.:mad:

I was told not to bother applying,as its earmarked for all the longterm unemployed the government want to get off the sytem and asda get a goverment grant for everyone that they take off jsa and incapacity benifit.They have to employ them for at least 6 months.So all of you that have applied and been turned down,will probably have a much better chance second time around,especially when they realise all thier alchohol stock is down,with all the alchos on incapacity benifit they may unwittingly employ:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

My other half applied, got through to the assesment 'asda magic', she thought she did ok at the event but unfortunately got an email on friday saying she had been unsuccessful, it stands for 6 months so she can't apply for asda during that period, looks like that will mean missing out on christmas temps they say will be advertised in september.

I got an email today saying I was unsuccessful but it said this doesn't affect any other applications I send. We will see!

So if where getting the longterm unemployed working there chances are that they will not be very good. seems a bit of a far fetched idea to me

My cousin's partner went on one of those magic sessions and got the job today.

My cousin's partner went on one of those magic sessions and got the job today.

:banana: Well done to your cousins partner first one I have heard getting a job there.