Bus drivers waiting at stops

Has anyone experienced getting on a bus, and having to wait 5mins at every bus stop as he has got there too early?!?

If they all do that then why do i keep seeing 3 or 4 51's and 76's bunched together?!?!

Not only have i seen this, i witnessed a bus driver block traffic by doing so and refuse to move. (Double parking)

He soon moved when a couple of the drivers threatened to chin him, not that i condone violence or threatening behaviour of course.

Its Either the driver crawls along at 10 miles per hour as to not get to stops early, the driver wait at stops or Traffic office retime the route (extra work for them) so that he doesnt have to, the latter is very unlikely to happen.

Try getting 120 to Halfway in the early morning on weekdays:

stops 5 minutes at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

stops 3 minutes at Leopold Street

stops 3 minutes outside TJ Hughes

stops 3 minutes at Sheffield Interchange

Has anyone experienced getting on a bus, and having to wait 5mins at every bus stop as he has got there too early?!?

If they all do that then why do i keep seeing 3 or 4 51's and 76's bunched together?!?!

because some of them are running late:roll: the ones that are running late wlnt be waiting at bus stops for 5 mins and it isn't EVERY bus stop, on a route there is usually around 6 or 7 points on the running boeard where the driver can't leave that time early. so if it says arundel gate at 12:30 the driver can't leave until that time.

us bus drivers are damned if we do, damned if we don't. i had an old lady complain at me for going too slow once, even though it meant i didn't wait at any stops and got there bang on time

because some of them are running late:roll: the ones that are running late wlnt be waiting at bus stops for 5 mins and it isn't EVERY bus stop, on a route there is usually around 6 or 7 points on the running boeard where the driver can't leave that time early. so if it says arundel gate at 12:30 the driver can't leave until that time.

us bus drivers are damned if we do, damned if we don't. i had an old lady complain at me for going too slow once, even though it meant i didn't wait at any stops and got there bang on time

Going to slow when you jammed the anchors on :hihi:

If he left early (because he got there early) and you had been expecting to board the bus at that stop and had arrived on time and you had to wait half an hour for the next bus, would you be happy with that?

You lucky, lucky people! Sheffield (Shirecliffe road - where my son lives) has more buses per hour than many people who live in rural locations see in a week month. Half of them are empty, so they're polluting the atmosphere for no reason and sucking up subsidies.

Take the unnecessary buses off the roads, save money, reduce pollution and reduce congestion!

Two buses on each route each way each day should be enough for anybody. - It's more than many rural residents get (and they pay taxes at the same rate as do townies.)

Edited by Rupert_Baehr

Yep, buses are tedious, driving for around a minute before stopping then another minute then a stop. Overweight people taking up space so they can go one stop then wondering why they're so massive too. Annoying.

Also, have you noticed, you'll be waiting there 5 mins. An OAP comes round the corner, obviously wanting the bus and the driver can't get away fast enough :suspect:

You lucky, lucky people! Sheffield (Shirecliffe road - where my son lives) has more buses per hour than many people who live in rural locations see in a week month.

Well given that Sheffield is one of the largest cities in England and not a rural location I'd say this isn't a surprise.

Yep, buses are tedious, driving for around a minute before stopping then another minute then a stop. Overweight people taking up space so they can go one stop then wondering why they're so massive too. Annoying.

And then there are the holier-than-thou passengers whose heads are swelled up with their own sense of superiority.