Broadband in stannington?

JUst to put my 2pennorth in I live at the top of Stannington behind the shops

I have had BT Sky and ATM on Plusnet (the best IMO) Tomorrow I should be connected to Origin

My Speed for the original 3 ISP's have been between 1.03 and 1.1 due to the distance from the exchange

I have the cheapest package and they say I will receive 24mb d/l due to the distance from the cabinet about 40 meters lol £17:50 pm

I spoke to Dad last night about Digital Region, and he says he's just signed a new 12 month contract with TalkTalk for ADSL Broadband, because he gets it free with his landline.

I spoke to Dad last night about Digital Region, and he says he's just signed a new 12 month contract with TalkTalk for ADSL Broadband, because he gets it free with his landline.

You've lost me with this post. Does your dad live in Stannington then and if so what download speeds does he get?

I'm struggling to see the relevance of this?

You've lost me with this post. Does your dad live in Stannington then and if so what download speeds does he get?

Yes, he lives in Stannington, and the download speeds are sub 2 Mb, only just fast enough for Xbox Live, and we bought a new Xbox 360 with Kinect yesterday.

I'm struggling to see the relevance of this?

The OP was discussing the benefits of DR over ADSL, Dad gets ADSL Broadband free from TalkTalk, he does not want to change and pay for DR, it is perfectly simples.

Do you see?

Edited by Rich
TalkTalk not O2 and mending quote tag

The OP was discussing the benefits of DR over ADSL, Dad gets ADSL Broadband free from TalkTalk, he does not want to change and pay for DR, it is perfectly simples.

Do you see?

How is your dad getting free broadband relevant to the discussion, that he doesn't want to go DR or even that you've just bought a new xbox ?

Neither pertain to the OP's original request for information about his own options.

There's no wonder you've amassed nearly 30,000 posts with posting such irrelevant nonsense.

Do you see?

I presume your dad is happy with his dire broadband speeds? If I lived in Stannington I would have signed up with Digital Region a long time ago to get the best speeds possible.

I presume your dad is happy with his dire broadband speeds? If I lived in Stannington I would have signed up with Digital Region a long time ago to get the best speeds possible.

He says it's fast enough for what he uses, light browsing and email.

Nothing I can do as I don't live with him or control what he will spend money on.

That' probably why there has not been a huge take-up of DR in Stannington. Most people are 'happy' with cheaper low bandwidth options. Me, I have the need for speed so I pay for it, working from home is much easier with a high bandwidth VPN, and we have only watched Netflix on TV since the upgrade.

Origin + Netflix is still cheaper than Sky, and I get the bandwidth.

That' probably why there has not been a huge take-up of DR in Stannington. Most people are 'happy' with cheaper low bandwidth options. Me, I have the need for speed so I pay for it, working from home is much easier with a high bandwidth VPN, and we have only watched Netflix on TV since the upgrade.

Origin + Netflix is still cheaper than Sky, and I get the bandwidth.

I have just signed with Origin,should be live within 3 weeks.Promised round 24 Mb.............at the moment only 1Mb on Orange near the church at Stannington.

Will report back!

I have just signed with Origin,should be live within 3 weeks.Promised round 24 Mb.............at the moment only 1Mb on Orange near the church at Stannington.

Will report back!

Your only a couple of hundred yards away from me and I have done a couple of Speed tests

http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/ and they are fluctuating between 23.2mbs and 22.29

They (Origin) warned me about the fluctuations as the 'box' sorts out the best speed