Free cholesterol tests at Sainsburys!

For those of you who are health conscious, you might like to know that Sainsburys pharmacy are offering free cholesterol tests until the 5th of July.

I've just had one........and I'm ok yippee!

do you get the result straight away?

Yes, they prick your finger and fill this tube with a bit of blood put it in a machine and you get the results in a couple of mins. It also measures your blood glucose. And they take your blood pressure. I'm sure it's not as good a the one at the GPs.........but it gives you an idea.hy

Is the nurse fit though?

You need to fast for at least 8 hours before a cholesterol test otherwise the result is meaningless. Did they ask if you had fasted before your test at Sainsbury's?

Fasting means consuming nothing but water.

So where is Sainsbury's pharmacy? Are there any in the North side?

You need to fast for at least 8 hours before a cholesterol test otherwise the result is meaningless. Did they ask if you had fasted before your test at Sainsbury's?

That is true. If I want sausages I go to Sainsburys, If I want healthcare I go to my GP. Simples..................,,

So where is Sainsbury's pharmacy? Are there any in the North side?

There is one at Crystal Peaks, the Pharmacy is along the back wall. There is also one at Archer Road, also against the back wall, inside the store.

Don't think so. I have had cholesterol tests done before, at the doctors and Lloyds chemist, and not had to fast.

Just something else for people to worry about

I went to the GPs and asked for a cholesterol test because high cholesterol it runs in the family and they would not do one..........with NHS cuts it's lucky there are other places to go.

And no the nurse wasnt fit lol. It was just an assistant but he was nice.