How busy is the M1(s) at around 3?

I'm going back to london. ideally i'd like to go tomorrow afternoon, but is the m1 pretty busy at that time? i HATE sitting in traffic. Mind you...by the time i actually get onto the m1 from crookes it'll be 315..

cheers.

I'd say leave a little earlier if you can. Ideally, you'd be at your destination by 5. Which part of London?

Bit of a lottery really, I do that journey quite often and if I were you I would go earlier, if possible. Good luck!

Between 3pm and 7pm it gets pretty busy. Best between 9am and 3pm or better still travel down during the night or early morning. If you set of at 3pm your going to hit the london rush hour when you get there.:thumbsup:

when im going to london (watford)i set off around 8am,after 9 its a joke just sitting in traffic,if your going at 3,15 you should miss some of the works trafic up this end of m1,not much else you can do,remember smile:)

cheers people. Also, heading back to lovely watford (ish). uch, looks like driving at night might be the best option..tho i've never done it before. i've heard it's a little weird/difficult.

When possible if I have to do a long drive I do it at night - so much less traffic that you can actually predict how long it will take. There's nothing overly difficult about it, and after all it's beginning to get dark pretty early now so you will have to get used to it!

sorry but i wouldnt describe watford as lovely,

i hate driving at night on m1,good luck though:clap:

Monday morning is a nightmare going south, more than other days as the contractors and commuters who stay down there during the week travel down monday.

i'd go through the night, deffinately try to miss the Luton bottle-neck before 5.30 am

Im setting off to London now.

Expecting to be arriving within 2 hours. I love night time journeys!