Clothes and coats going missing from school

Real shame bet it dont happen in private schools.

Maybe not theft, but the pupils certainly lose a lot of stuff and don't care about collecting it. They sell it off cheap after six months. Being a private school most kids wouldn't be seen dead buying second hand clothes (oh the shame!) but my stepdaughter does and it saves us a fortune!

It does mate.mostly by underpaid teachers:hihi:

So true, my friends children wear some very expensive winter jackets, she works in the kitchen in a private school :suspect:

Years ago, when my daughter was in junior school, she noticed something missing from her schoolbag when she returned to it after a PE session. She reported it to her form teacher who asked everyone in class to empty their bags to see if the offending item was in there. Everyone did as they were told except one girl who refused to do so. This same girl had been the only left with everyone's belongings whilst they were at PE as she couldnt participate for some reason. My daughter thought it was very unfair that this girl refused to co-operate and to add insult to injury could clearly see that this girl had the item in her bag. The teacher refused to take it further and my daughter was told to be quiet.

At home time she approached the girl and asked her to check her bag, she wouldnt of course and through utter frustration, my daughter whacked her one. Guess who ended up getting punished? Following on from the incident which could have easily been sorted by the teacher we were subjected to weeks of offending mystery phone calls, which we got the police involved in and they (although we didnt suspect for one minute) discovered it was this sweet little nine year old who was to blameand she and her family were actually already known to them. Thieving, lying, and offensive phone calls at that age, wonder what she is up to now?

The school staff are just not interested in sorting out what they perceive as petty theft but the bigger picture is that it is just the tip of the iceberg of their real offending, and its that which we should be worrying about and tackling.

I'm just wondering how children can look after their outdoor clothing when they have to leave them hung up outside the classroom or do you suggest the children stand by their coats all day. To Op I would suggest not buying expensive items that your children can keep with them all day, brand name clothes will be a temptation. If the teachers are showing no interest I would also suggest you find out who your parent governors are. Although there is no excuse for their lack of interest, there unfortunately isn't much they can do, as for the CCTV the school's budget probably doesn't stretch to pay to have it all working and monitored.

well said i agree

well actually it was labelled and it was my son not my daughter