No green garden waste bag collection in RURAL areas

evening,

just found out today that SCC are stopping collection of all green garden waste sacks (whether your own or those from SCC) in all RURAL areas of Sheffield. complete stop and end of collections and not the new 'once a month' service being offered elsewhere,

this includes all of Grenoside, even if you live on the A61, as Veolia/SCC have classed the area as 'wholly rural' and 'too far out of Sheffield' to warrant collection yet othr areas such as High Green,Eckington etc which are further out will still receive a collection...crazy decision.

no consultation, no notices, no nothing, no choice- its being included in the leaflet that will be sent out later this month.

not everyone can get to the 'recycling centres' and SCC staff told me to 'dump it in your black bin'. great, nice one, lets all improve sheffield recycling rates then.....

hopefully local media will pick up on this crazy decision and i for one will be speaking to the local councillors.

what do you think to the decision to stop collection in rural areas - why does 5 miles from the city centre, not the edge of the city, county as rural??!!!

cheers

xgx

just chuck in the fields.it will rot down!

This is the first I've heard of this, Grifter and can't find any mention of it on the Council's or Veolia's websites. Is this likely to affect Stannington, Loxley, Dungworth & Bradfield? A link to the news would be very helpful.

what once a month collection? It's ring them when you have green waste at the moment.

the inequality of the system gets me. In some areas they have a green bin but no garden. Ive got loads of hedges. It was 12 bags ring and we collect then 12 bags a fortnight and now 6 bags once a month 5 months of the year.

I can shove it in the black bin, but surely that's not the point.:rant:

evening,

nope, its not the now ring up and wait service nor the once a month ring up and book your slot. its ending full stop for 'rural' areas. its yet another cut in service, differnt strokes for different areas, yet we all pay the council tax for the service.

there is no info on this published at the mo - you are told this if you ring SCC/Veolia to state your bags are full or to book a collection. i was told by staff that the info will be in the leaflet thats being posted out to all residents at the end of this month.

if i lived near fields, i'd dump it there to rot down, but we live bang slap next to the A61. i have lodged my complaint already and will be talking to local councillors about it.

its not world shatteringly important if you don't have a garden in these areas, but when we have the need to improve recycling shoved down our throats by SCC then they take the service away with the other - i expect little more from SCC, they'll be emptying our black bin blue bin and blue box, yet why not green sacks? equity of service is not much to ask for.

xgx

I'm in S11 and I've just found out that Veolia has stopped the collection. We've had no leaflet on this, or to tell us that the system elsewhere has changed. The next door neighbours are elderly and don't drive - presume it's OK just to bin green waste in the black bin that we can't compost?

A similar thing has happened on my road, deemed 'too narrow' for access. It is in fact a fairly normal width road, but a cul de sac and usually double parked.

So I ring up and they say the system has changed, one collection per month, etc, didn't you get your leaflet? No I didn't. Those of us getting dropped altogether weren't sent the leaflet. Where do you live? That road doesn't appear to be on our database.... Funny how they manage to find the black and blue bins.

So, anyway, I'm fighting this. Will see.