Whats the best andriod phone

Thing is though, having all the bells and whistles is all well and good, but what is the Samsung Galaxy like as an actual phone to ring people up/send texts etc?

Does the job perfectly well, I particularly like the swype keyboard.

Thing is though, having all the bells and whistles is all well and good, but what is the Samsung Galaxy like as an actual phone to ring people up/send texts etc?

its simple to send texts as its got a touch screen keyboard and call quality is brill :D

I've just come from Carphone Warehouse on the Meadowhall Retail Park, asked to try a Galaxy, and I really like it, sales bloke sold me on it as well, says it's got a better battery life than the Iphone and the Windows Phone, and you can simply drag and drop music from your music folders on the PC instead of using Itunes or any other software.

Some posts removed, please stick to discussing phones.

Thanks.

What's the web browsing like on a Samsung Galaxy? I don't like it on Iphone, the screen's far too small IMO and the Safari browser is crap.

Edited by Rich

its as good as the iPhone, (and supports full flash) but you can install FireFox if you want :)

I've just come from Carphone Warehouse on the Meadowhall Retail Park, asked to try a Galaxy, and I really like it, sales bloke sold me on it as well, says it's got a better battery life than the Iphone and the Windows Phone, and you can simply drag and drop music from your music folders on the PC instead of using Itunes or any other software.

The battery life is about the same - maybe a bit worse. Depends what you do with it I suppose.

Dragging and dropping music isn't really a plus point though is it? Its unlikely to pick up the artist and song tags or artwork. If you have a large collection that's just a nightmare. Who wants to mess about moving folders and files rather hitting sync and moving a playlist in one go?

Android NEEDS an 'itunes' style media manager. Double Twist is ok, but again, fails to bring artwork most of the time. WinAmp seems better mind.

But bear in mind, the Galaxy S is last years model - the new version is better - faster, less plasticy, even better screen and free of the lag that ruined the first one.

its as good as the iPhone, (and supports full flash) but you can install FireFox if you want :)

Ghozer mate, you know I hate Firefox... :P

Ghozer mate, you know I hate Firefox... :P

Maybe you would like the Daily Mail newsfeed app.

The battery life is about the same - maybe a bit worse. Depends what you do with it I suppose.

Dragging and dropping music isn't really a plus point though is it? Its unlikely to pick up the artist and song tags or artwork. If you have a large collection that's just a nightmare. Who wants to mess about moving folders and files rather hitting sync and moving a playlist in one go?

Android NEEDS an 'itunes' style media manager. Double Twist is ok, but again, fails to bring artwork most of the time. WinAmp seems better mind.

But bear in mind, the Galaxy S is last years model - the new version is better - faster, less plasticy, even better screen and free of the lag that ruined the first one.

samsung kies, its samsungs version of itunes but better and more open

iTunes is such a POS its not even funny. If I didnt have 50+gigs of music embedded to their formatting Id use winamp on my PC. I dont let iTunes get the cover art (it always gets it wrong and the cover art is waaaay too small) as I either scan my covers in on my computer or use AlbumArtExchange to get cover art and keep it in the music folder. When I use the default mp3 player, cover art shows accordingly.

That would have been under froyo, gingerbread has transformed the Galaxy S.