Police interceptors in Sheffield

I was on my way into work the other day and I noticed the "Interceptors" unmarked grey Focus 2 cars in front of me.

In between me and the Interceptor was a woman driving along blatantly using her mobile phone in her right hand. This lasted about 3 minutes. Once she'd finished on her mobile call she started applying lipstick.

I was waiting for the lights to come on and for her to be stopped. I waited...and waited.... Nothing.

Obviously when the camera crew aren't around they can't be bothered pulling people for such offenses. All show, no go.

Are there only half a dozen coppers in south yorkshire? These are the same ones that were on traffic cops a few years ago !

Seen them filming on Prince of Wales road today, at about 2pm. They had pulled a Clio

They were still hanging around at 4pm...wonder if I will see myself on there :hihi:

Are they still around Manor Top and Roverrum ?

Are there only half a dozen coppers in south yorkshire? These are the same ones that were on traffic cops a few years ago !

Maybe they have to be members of Equity.:)

You'd think they would have a cleaner doing that.

The officers hours could be reduced/beat time increased and savings made.

False economy to have highly paid people cleaning, when it can be done for min wage.

Officers have to clean their cars. Continuity is essential at court. If someone had stuffed drugs or (in the extreme) a murder weapon down the seat, you need to know where it came from. The judiciary will kick cases out based on insufficient evidence. Let the police police. You were welcome to join... but you didn't. They, however, did and were trained to do the job they do!

I am loving this series.

Dishy men in uniform what else can a girl ask for ;):D

I like the young looking one. For more than one reason.

This shows a cracker, my friends from outside of Sheffield seem to think that I live in some form of slum now, but hey ho.

Watch this weeks episode... the last part shows a man with a red hat walking about banging a drum annoying shopkeepers etc. He refuses to give his name but the police pull out a Mobility Bus Pass to identify him.

As someone who has Mobility problems and had a pass for 20 years until Sheffield Council refused to renew it, I wonder what exactly qualified this ASIAN, ALCOHOLIC gentleman to a mobility pass ?

What did Sheffield Council do for me ?.... they wrecked my life.

Don't police have to wear seatbelts?

Don't police have to wear seatbelts?

I don't believe they do IF they are on their way to an emergency but if not then yes they do.

I think there are some bobbies breaking the law then! I'm not particularly talking about Police Interceptors programme but some other police shows