Fox Pub (ex), Fox Hill Road, S6

Well ill turn up when real ale comes on.

Wont bother for run of the mill stuff. Quite happy to support it when its got something i want to drink on:)

Stones on cask would get my vote

Stones cask bitter made by Everards in Leicestershire, keg bitter made by Coors in their giant beer factory in Burton on Trent or the ghastly nitro fiz creamflow made in Tadcaster. I still drink Stones occasionally but it's just not the same as it used to be when the cannon brewery was making it. nowadays I prefer to drink real ale produced by local brewers, Bradfield farmers bitter is my current favorite.

Hurray for the usual array of Stella, Carling, Carlsberg and Fosters!

/me feels ill just thinking about it.

In Sheffield we have several fantastic microbreweries, such as Kelham Island, Bradfield and Abbeydale. There is no excuse to not stock at least one.

I know this restaurant that sells crap food, but if you all go there to eat they might one day employ a chef to microwave the meals.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Does anyone know when it is likely to be open and what company (if any) has taken it on?

Stones cask bitter made by Everards in Leicestershire, keg bitter made by Coors in their giant beer factory in Burton on Trent or the ghastly nitro fiz creamflow made in Tadcaster. I still drink Stones occasionally but it's just not the same as it used to be when the cannon brewery was making it. nowadays I prefer to drink real ale produced by local brewers, Bradfield farmers bitter is my current favorite.

I only mentioned stones what with it sellin only major brands. I didnt realise stones keg was brewed (??) In a different place to the smoothflow stuff.

Back to the OP's original question- I heard the Fox is to become a resturant/family pub,hopefully the new owners will keep all the usual idiots away and the pub will get back to its glory days like when Deano+ Joy had it a few years ago.It went downhill as soon as that Spanish loon took over and tried to turn it into a cocktail bar trying to make a quick quid.:loopy:

Hello every one. I didn’t realise a closed pub could cause so much intrigue. So here goes, I will try answer a few of the questions posted on this forum and fill you in with the developments. I am not sure who Cookie kev is but he does appear to know some of the details, so identify yourself kevcookie and we might find you a pint!! I and my cousin who incidentally first moved into the area in the late 70’s have lived on Wolfe Road, and are Alumni’s of Fox hill Primary School. This venture is really to serve the need for a nice quality hostelry, which serves food and drink at an affordable price, mainly my need. The plan is to open in 4 weeks, mid/late July. It is know a free house, and has no ties with any of the big faceless corporations. I have just spent the last 10 days with all the breweries and wholesalers trying to hammer out the lowest prices. If they want our business, we want the best prices! I think we will all be surprised at the rabbits I am managing to pull! The plan is to go with the unusual mix of lagers and beers, plus a couple of surprises. We are also going with 2 Real ale pumps, with the potential to increase this if demand calls for it. As for Food, carvery and a small menu. This again will be priced affordably. How much can a Sunday dinner cost?

Finally, I have been approached by several neighbours who are all interested in seeing a name change. The shortlist is as follows: Fox and Hound, or the Birley Carr, although a close runner was ‘’Middle Red’’. Those of you familiar to the area will understand. So your views on this would be appreciated.

Finally we will keep you posted on developments as they happen, any questions feel free to ask, and look forward to seeing you all soon.

Good to hear its a freehouse foxhill:), As your a freehouse i take it you will be selling LocalAle:). You will be surprised how much your footfall can be increased by being mentioned in the local camra magazine.

No matter what real ale you have i shall be coming to sample it and the food!

All the best and let us know when its opening etc. :)

I would opt for The Birley Carr Inn and help keep alive this areas bit of history.

'Birley Carr' - lol, Some people cannot accept they live in fox hill.

'Birley Carr' - lol, Some people cannot accept they live in fox hill.

Changing its name won't change the clientele!Birley carr= snobs and wine!not pub goers...Foxhill=down to earth people who like a drink & a pub atmosphere.

Knowing the area and Faces is most important as you know from being across the road.

You just have to set the rules and make 'em stick to 'em.

It's either going to be complimentary to the Pheasant or a new home for the now defunct Basset/Circus Tavern/Basset go'ers.Changing name of pub didn't stop the clowns there ;)

All sounds good!

Looking forward to the pub (whatever it is called) opening.

Keep us posted on progress......