Help plz with daughters laptop

My daughters laptop recently just turned off and will not start back up we turn it on and it goes to windows then nothing else a screen comes up and it says start with safe mode, and other stuff i tried everything and it still won't start up i don't think i'll be able to afford to get it fixed :(

Edited by TINAC

have you tried starting in safe mode?

yep i have tried that and the other options too but it just wont come on

If all else fails, you could reinstall Windows.

there was some problems before with virus's and a man fixed it for us told us not to accept any updates from windows. it was working fine before it just switched off.

there was some problems before with virus's and a man fixed it for us told us not to accept any updates from windows. it was working fine before it just switched off.

The man who fixed it has installed a pirated copy of Windows.

You'll probably need to install Windows again - a genuine version.

there was some problems before with virus's and a man fixed it for us told us not to accept any updates from windows.

Bad advice.

That's one way of making the PC easier to infect with malware. Vulnerabilities in Windows can be exploited to help force the download and installation of malware.

Here's just one example that i have seen being actively exploited in the wild & is included in many malicious exploit packs.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS10-042.mspx

When vulnerabilities are found, they are fixed by Microsoft releasing patches for any vulnerable files through Windows Updates.

No updates - No protection from exploits.

The man who fixed it has installed a pirated copy of Windows.

You'll probably need to install Windows again - a genuine version.

where can i get a genuine version of windows?

nevermind thankyou everyone for trying to help i hsve now sold the laptop and i think they got a bargin :( but it was my daughter's choice i now have to look forward to minne being infected seeing as she has started to use mine.

Did the same guy install Windows on your laptop. ?

no it's not the same guy who bought it , if it was i would not have sold it to him maybe being paranoid but i would have thought he did it on purpose

When vulnerabilities are found, they are fixed by Microsoft releasing patches for any vulnerable files through Windows Updates.

When vulnerabilities are found, they are usually fixed by Microsoft releasing patches for any vulnerable files through Windows Updates.

Edited by sccsux