Teens online gambling

Are any of your children or someone who know addicted to online gambling? poker games and those games where you pay for credit? It seems more and more young people are getting caught up in the gambling web. Do you know of any support groups for under 18's?

My boyfriend used to be addicted to gambling. We were going through some old bank statements a couple of days ago from a few years ago and everything that went in/out was William Hill. I was actually quite shocked!

He seems to have calmed down a lately but it is quite worrying.

I'm not sure of any groups for Under 18's though. There is a website below.

http://www.gambleaware.co.uk/

if they wanna gamble and waste money just give the money to me ill be happy to take it haha thats all they doing makeing someone else rich they is only one winner and thats not the gambler they need to get out of that bad rut before he ends up on the Jeremy Kyle Show haha

I love a bit of online gambling myslelf, but I can see how it is all too easy for people who have addictive personalities to get carried away.

I love a bit of online gambling myslelf, but I can see how it is all too easy for people who have addictive personalities to get carried away.

It is very addictive and if you have the money in your bank account to put in then it's all to easy to get addicted.

I only put £5-£10 in every few months and when it's gone it's gone.

I had a random 2 goals or more, exactly 2 goals or less than 2 goals the other week and had 30p on it and won £60 but it was 200/1! I was very lucky and know I probably won't win it again.

People see the amount they could win and think 'I will just put another tenner in'. Before they know it they have lost hundreds.

I joined william hill ages ago after talking to a lad at work after i thought about it i thought ive got quite an addictive personality so i didnt deposit anything and have never used it.

Saying that tho a few week back there was some promotion on a betting website cant remember which one where you enter £10 and they triple it to £30 so i deposited played some games over a few week as i got down to like £0.40 i hit the jackpot and won £70 so i called to see how to withdraw and wasnt suprised....you cant withdraw for the first 6 months, then you need to pay a withdrawal fee, bank transfer fee, service fee, blah blah etc etc and when i worked it out it would have cost me all but about £6 to withdraw it pure scam!!

Are any of your children or someone who know addicted to online gambling? poker games and those games where you pay for credit? It seems more and more young people are getting caught up in the gambling web. Do you know of any support groups for under 18's?

How do under 18's do it? :confused:

I know someone who does quite a bit of online gambling and she is always changing from one website to another. Every time she does it, she can play but has to provide evidence that she is over 18 before she can take any 'winnings' out, to comply with the Gaming Act.

John X

I only do the ones that give quidco back, say you put £20 in and you get £20 quidco.

On one I played the money I put in and dropped a jackpot, £500.