Cameron wants to bring back fox hunting

I suppose if everything you think of as "truth" is correspondence between semantic conceptual constructs I can see why you would think that. Linear and not corresponding to the actual topography of experience.

I, on the other hand think of "truth" as not merely being analytic, but contingent upon the world for verification. And in the real world, when you abuse people they take offence.

And no matter how many Kantian categorical imperatives you throw at that existential fact, it will remain a fact.

And people who are fully cognisant of their right not to be abused will challenge the erroneous belief that you can do that with impunity. Often with full force.

I wouldn't worry too much about Plek, he's the most tedious and boring poster on the forum !

As I've said if you wish to call me a liar PLEASE PLEASE P.M your address and you will be given the chance to say that to my face.

ooooo get you! If you were really the big hard man you would just PM him your address and invite him over.

Fox hunting has everything to do with foxes otherwise it would not be called fox hunting.

It is not 'class warfare' a good many 'working class people would go fox hunting if given the chance and have done so in the past. The hunt that I used to follow where I lived previously had a very diverse hunting quotient.

If one is going to bring class and cruelty into the debate we should be mentioning rabbit hunting and ferreting of course no 'posh' people do that do they?

Umm well I have been called 'posh' not true IMO but I do have an accent that differs from the local accents but I used to snare rabbits most of them went in the pot some were used for other purposes. They were a pest. I also used to go ratting with terriers. This because rat infestations in grain stores wreck food supplies.

Really, can you then explain why it is necessary for 20, 30 or more people, all dressed in uniform drinking booze and blowing stupid horns etc, to go chasing after a fox with dogs, when a ranger could just shoot one more efficiently?

Really, can you then explain why it is necessary for 20, 30 or more people, all dressed in uniform drinking booze and blowing stupid horns etc, to go chasing after a fox with dogs, when a ranger could just shoot one more efficiently?

Pleeese don't spoil their fun!!!

Have you ever tried shooting a fox on your own?

I dont know about that. An SAS marksman would have trouble shooting a fox dead with one shot.

Have you ever tried shooting a fox on your own?

Why? I didn't realise it was a team sport:huh:

I dont know about that. An SAS marksman would have trouble shooting a fox dead with one shot.

Bloody crap sniper then.

ooooo get you! If you were really the big hard man you would just PM him your address and invite him over.

Says the gun toting avatar boy!

Besides which I'm not the one throwing insults every time I can't back up or comprehend an argument. But if he wants it that way around PM me.

Edited by Rowan22

I'll take that as a no then.

A fox is exceedinly difficult to get close to and shoot safely. Using dogs to flush them towards a few men waiting with shotguns is far far easier than stalking one with a rifle.

If you want to shoot them on your own with a rifle you can, but you have to stake out a location and wait a long time for one chance with no certain degree of success

I'm not against killing foxes, but there are better ways of doing it than chasing it with hounds.

There's no "bringing back" Fox hunting, they made it illegal, but in reality it never went away, they just did it on the quiet.