Someone to mend my pc

hi my laptop has suddenly stopped reading my external harddrive could n e 1 try and fix it for me plz asap:help:

What happens when you plug the drive in? do you get any error messages etc?

Does your laptop detect other usb devices ok?

Have you tested the drive in another computer?

hi my laptop has suddenly stopped reading my external harddrive could n e 1 try and fix it for me plz asap:help:

If you are wanting it done 'ASAP' it could help if you gave a rough idea where you live (area/first part of postcode ( Mine Stannington S6)) then if there is someone close they may be able to help you

im at shiregreen s5. laptop seems to read other devices ok, i just took hd to a neighbours to try on his pc and it wouldnt read on his either it just froze his pc up. so could it be repaired or have i lost all my music that was on it or could it be saved? £20 waiting for 1st person to save it for me. :)

It's possible i could do that for you with a linux live disc, though you could save £20 and do it yourself, it's quite easy.

Ah, just read it's an external drive, not sure a live disc would work. ?

What sort of ExtHD is it powered or not 2.5 or 3.5 inch if you know someone with a desktop pc they may be able to put it into their pc and get your files off saying that I have a 2.5 in WD ExtHD and the hd is soldered to the connector to the usb cable

it dont look like it will fit in any kind of docks its a seagate freeagent 1tb

im at shiregreen s5. laptop seems to read other devices ok, i just took hd to a neighbours to try on his pc and it wouldnt read on his either it just froze his pc up. so could it be repaired or have i lost all my music that was on it or could it be saved? £20 waiting for 1st person to save it for me. :)

with the sound of it, it's possible that the controller board has died you could buy an identical drive and swap the boards and give that a try.