Ccs collect and jsa?

I've recieved a very funny letter.

I signed off the jobseekers about 3 months ago and the other day i recieved a very funny letter from CCS collect saying i was over paid and i need to pay money back. Fair enough. I went to pay and they want a reference number which i cannot find on the letter, the paper is very cheap feeling and to be honest i'm not happy about giving them my details. The only logo on the letter is the DWP which i could get off google to mock up a letter.

They may be genuine but while i was on the jobseekers i got sent a letter but when it reached my end it was open and there was no letter inside, it was an empty envalope, and on every document they have your NI number and obviously my address was on the front so i'm worried this information could have got into the wrong hands...?

Other than this CCS letter i've recieved nothing from the jobseekers. Has anyone else had experience paying money back and is this the official procedure? And should it have taken this long?

ring up 08456001267 on monday morning. Thats the benefit enquiry line. but again dont take my word for it, look on your old letters and ring them.

They would be best advised to help.

Ring job centre and ask them - that's the only way you will know... Also, did you report the empty envelope you recieved some months ago?

Ring job centre and ask them - that's the only way you will know... Also, did you report the empty envelope you recieved some months ago?

i let my adviser know and since then i got given my letters rather than them being posted, and i will do thanks for your advice! Much appreciated!

I've recieved a very funny letter.

I signed off the jobseekers about 3 months ago and the other day i recieved a very funny letter from CCS collect saying i was over paid and i need to pay money back. Fair enough.

Is it really fair enough? Do you think you were overpaid JSA? It sounds like a scam although it may be genuine. Check your JSA payments first from your bank statements. You'll know when you started work and if the JSA payments overlapped with this. Speak to the DWP and report it to the police if they confirm you weren't overpaid.