American Signal Crayfish

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of any fishing sites in South Yorkshire where Signal Crayfish have been sited, and has anyone tasted them before.

cheers ALAN

Not sure what you are getting at animal2477. I think the OP should catch and eat as many as he possibly can. Our own crayfish need all the help they can get :)

Not sure what you are getting at animal2477. I think the OP should catch and eat as many as he possibly can. Our own crayfish need all the help they can get :)

Follow the link and go to the bottom of the page,a licence is needed.

alderfen at wroot has a lot of crayfish, whether they're signals i don't know. my friend was reeling in a pike earlier this year and he had one hanging off his line. i fished one of my baits hard on the bottom and it got ripped to shreds. i popped it up after that.

ive got a crayfish trap for sale if ur interested, i bought it but never used it. i want £20 for it as its brand new

cheers for the offer Carp Chaser but I'm going to make my own traps, I've been in touch with environmental bods and as they say I've got to list areas where crayfish are before they can give me a permit. So I gather they know all the place's but won't tell you. I've found out that if they listed all the place's the crays have been sited and found this will put off people from fishing.

Could they be worried of losing all the fishing licence fee's or is that me being sinacle lol.

Anyway once I find out all the best place's I'll drop a line to you all.

cheers for now ALAN

cheers for the offer Carp Chaser but I'm going to make my own traps, I've been in touch with environmental bods and as they say I've got to list areas where crayfish are before they can give me a permit. So I gather they know all the place's but won't tell you. I've found out that if they listed all the place's the crays have been sited and found this will put off people from fishing.

Could they be worried of losing all the fishing licence fee's or is that me being sinacle lol.

Anyway once I find out all the best place's I'll drop a line to you all.

cheers for now ALAN

The bottom dam at Rivelin has Signal Crayfish. Mate of mine caught on a few weeks back. Said it tasted OK, ( mmm crayfish tail). If they're in the bottom dam they may be in others.

I looked at it a while ago and they did not seem to have made it this far north in any number, not sure if things have changed.

pond on riverling valley road near fire station

I think they are natives