Asda Handsworth, disabled bays being misused.

To be honest, I find disability BADGE misuse far more irritating than disability BAY misuse.

Or is that not very PC?

The bays by the trolleys, i witnessed 4 vehicles not entitled to be parked there doing so earlier today.

I suppose they thought it was ok as the able bodied driver remained in the vehicle.

Very convenient for the lazy, not so much so for those genuinely needing a disabled parking bay.

Pure laziness on their part, not a one had a badge.

Just which set of bays are you talking about the ones at the front of the store or the ones just over the zebra crossing

companies have to make 10% of car parking spaces available for the disabled due to laws, so that could be why they have so many 'empty' spaces for them.

Im sure that same as with Mother and child bays people will understand its not the need to be near to the doors, its the need for the spaces to be wider so you can pull a wheelchair/pushchair up side of your car to load them up.

It is a bug bearer on mine, especially when you see suited and booted people park in them to run in for a quick shop, but we have so many threads on here about parking fines, nothing can be done about it as it is private land, so even if Asda ticketed the car someone would come on here and get the advise to ignore the invoice.

I have a disabled badge for my mother and I can’t remember the last time I used it, maybe the system needs reclassifying as to those that that really need a badge.

Then the other week my mother phoned me up, can I take her to the doctors, when we got there the only space was in a disabled bay so I dug the badge out of the glove box to find it was out of date.

While my mother was in the doctors I stayed with the car displaying an out of date disk and feeling guilty ……… I don’t know how these go on that misuse the bays and just swan about without a care in the world ….. oops I just stated the obvious …........ they don’t have a care in the world.

it really anoys me when people without kids park in the parent and todler spaces especially those who have a car seat in the car but no kid.

Welcome to 2011 Britain, were everyone feels they're discriminated against. Let's all start legal action shall we?

Am I ok to park in a parent and child space if I take my mum shopping? Never seem a sign giving upper age limits so I may just start parking there, lovely wide bays.

it really anoys me when people without kids park in the parent and todler spaces especially those who have a car seat in the car but no kid.

How old does a kid have to be to use a mother and kid bay …….. when I take my mother shopping could I use it ……… mother and son after all. :D

Edit

Great minds think alike …….. Donkey lover.

Edited by Grandad.Malky

Indeed they do. Let's all take our mums shopping and use these spaces!

the parent and toddler bays are misused just as much, however, it IS possible for me to get my 1 year old out of her car seat and then carry her til i get a shopping trolley, while it is very annoying when someone misuses that parking space, it doesnt prevent me from actually getting into the shop - for people with certain disabilities someone parking in a disabled space can stop them from getting into the shop at all, i suppose in this day and age there is no cost effective way of monitoring the designated parking spaces...

There really should be spaces for 'Lazy Park Here'. Nevermind the disabled and child spaces, the lazies just dumped their car in the loading/unloading areas only directly at the front entrance and go shopping.

the parent and toddler bays are misused just as much, however, it IS possible for me to get my 1 year old out of her car seat and then carry her til i get a shopping trolley, while it is very annoying when someone misuses that parking space, it doesnt prevent me from actually getting into the shop - for people with certain disabilities someone parking in a disabled space can stop them from getting into the shop at all, i suppose in this day and age there is no cost effective way of monitoring the designated parking spaces...

Parent and child they should read, in fact I'm some of them do. A newborn isn't a toddler so technically parents of said newborns shouldn't park there either!