Man selling fresh fish door to dor

Hi there i work for a company who delivers fresh fish to you door, All fish is ice blast frozen within 3 hours of being caught on ship. All fish is guaranteed boneless. Also because of the instant quick freeze, all fish have a good freezer life till end next year. If you would like to take a look send me a PM or Tel: 07594839616, Thanks Darren

If he sounds like a Geordie then it's all kosher. We've been buying fish from him now for about a year and it's excellent.

Great quality and a decent price for the amount you get.

Must admit though the first time he knocked on our door I was suspicious. Made my mum check through the entire box to make sure there wasn't just fish on top and empty trays on the bottom.

But I needn't have worried.

He comes round every couple of monthes and calls ahead so we know to clear some space in the freezer.

Keeps us in fish til the next time he calls.

Did you see if he was driving a refrigerated vehicle,if so and he was wearing white coat e.t.c id buy off him,if the price was right.

If it's the same fella as comes to our street, he just parks up at the end and walks house to house, so you may not see a van. He does wear a white coat though.

Could be dodgy I suppose (just like the fake Jehovah's witnesses burgling round Gravesend), but guessing it's all above board.

I really miss the fletchers van.

:hihi: I was just about to say that myself, loved the fletchers van.

Lovely fresh bread, and cakes, the elephants foot was too die for, and a nice friendly face in the morning.

There used to be a blind man who wandered around the fish market. He just kept muttering " morning ladies" for some reason.

Hi there i work for a company who delivers fresh fish to you door, All fish is ice blast frozen within 3 hours of being caught on ship. All fish is guaranteed boneless. Also because of the instant quick freeze, all fish have a good freezer life till end next year. If you would like to take a look send me a PM or Tel: 07594839616, Thanks Darren
As with lots of frozen food it could be up to five years old before you buy it!...........very tricky is frozen food,and it can easily be relabelled for a better sell by date.

A guy pulled up opposite my house the other day and crossed over the road and proceeded to walk down my drive. He was a big black guy, not in any sort of uniform or white coat or anything. I thought he was a delivery guy of some kind but he had no parcel or anything in his hand.

I opened the door and he said "hi, I'm a fisherman". And my mind stopped working for a moment. He didn't fit my stereotype of what a fisherman looks like. I expected a ruddy complexioned person in a big cable knit sweater.

Anyhow, I declined to inspect his wares. The thing is you see, these guys have been around before - I bought something from them once - and then they call on you every time they are in the area. The stuff I bought was frozen in any case - even though they say it's fresh.

It seems to me that there's 3 categories:

1 Fresh

2 Fresh frozen

3 Frozen

and many of these mobile guys are selling category 2.

Which is no substitute for fresh and it's also quite expensive as well.

If he sounds like a Geordie then it's all kosher. We've been buying fish from him now for about a year and it's excellent.

Great quality and a decent price for the amount you get.

Must admit though the first time he knocked on our door I was suspicious. Made my mum check through the entire box to make sure there wasn't just fish on top and empty trays on the bottom.

But I needn't have worried.

He comes round every couple of monthes and calls ahead so we know to clear some space in the freezer.

Keeps us in fish til the next time he calls.

This sounds like guy who we bought from in stannington he's not been back since though and the fish was lovely,ask him to come over this way :-)

There's a lad on Townend that has a van outside the Red Lion on Sundays selling fresh fish I think. We get a young ish lad coming round every now and then flogging things like washing up powder and the like, but they definitely seem stolen.