Unable to open program

Hi all,

I had a virus around a week ago and I have now got it fixed and my laptop is running fine. However I can no longer access a downloaded program on my desktop.. It just says loading for a long time and then nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling the program but still no luck! Everything else on my laptop works fine so I think maybe a firewall or something is blocking this?? Not being that technically minded I don't no how to fix this.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Have you tried reinstalling the program?

Hi all,

I had a virus around a week ago and I have now got it fixed and my laptop is running fine. However I can no longer access a downloaded program on my desktop.. It just says loading for a long time and then nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling the program but still no luck! Everything else on my laptop works fine so I think maybe a firewall or something is blocking this?? Not being that technically minded I don't no how to fix this.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Have you tried reinstalling the program?

You didn't read the whole post, did you?:hihi:

What's the program? How are you trying to open it exactly?

What's the program? How are you trying to open it exactly?

The program is a download where I play poker.

Open it by double clicking it. :) Or try to do that but it don't work and I have no idea why.

Uninstall it, re-download the setup/installer file again, and then install it again. Or have you already tried that?

Uninstall it, re-download the setup/installer file again, and then install it again. Or have you already tried that?

Already tried it.

Thinking it's something to do with the firewall, tried changing some settings but still no luck.

Which poker program exactly (which site)? What firewall/AV are you using?

Which poker program exactly (which site)? What firewall/AV are you using?

Pokerstars, it's windows firewall.

XP, Vista, Win7?

Windows 7

Just turn the firewall off and try to run the program again. If it works it's your firewall. If it doesn't then it's not the firewall.