Support for victims of crime - Your thoughts?

Are people aware of the rights of victims? Do you think the Courts have got the balance about right? Do you know what support is available for victims of crime and witnesses in Court?

It would be helpful for me if you would care to contribute a line or two as I will be discussing this very issue on Monday afternoon.

I think the police are supposed to inform victims of any assistance available for them in relation to court appearances.

There are lots of measures in place for victims of crime and witnesses in Court.

The Witness Service provide volunteers in the Court building to give advice and assistance in relation to Court procedures and information about how to claim expenses. They can arrange pre Court visits so that victims and witnesses are more familiar with the Court building.

Additionally if certain criteria are met, special measures such as giving your evidence via video link or behind screens can be applied for.

There are too many 'do-gooders' out there that are more interested in the offenders human rights and needs than they are the victims.

The justice system, thanks to the governments, is far weighted in favour of the offenders.

Edited by strikerPaul

There are too many 'do-gooders' out there that are more interested in the offenders human rights and needs than there are the victim.

The justice system, thanks to the governments, is far weighted in favour of the offenders.

Total agree. Infact decent people constantly get screwed by the system and those that are allowed to do it.