Coffee mornings - what's happened to them?

Ages ago when i was a kid, there used to be coffee mornings held at various places, they were to raise funds for their chosen charity or cause, do they still have them, where are they.? i get tired of getting ripped off for two coffees and two scones for nearly £10, i would rather give the money to a good cause than lining someones pocket :D

I think the days of people having them in their homes has passed! Apart from the National ones like Macmillan/Cancer care. So many people work it isn't always possible to set them up. You can, ofcourse just send a donation to the charity of your choice, they are always very grateful even for the smallest offering!

I think the days of people having them in their homes has passed! Apart from the National ones like Macmillan/Cancer care. So many people work it isn't always possible to set them up. You can, ofcourse just send a donation to the charity of your choice, they are always very grateful even for the smallest offering!

no..it always seemed to be at a church hall or somewhere similar...

This years Macmillan Coffee Morning takes place on 30 September so there should hopefully be loads of coffee and cake being served up wherever you lived.

Just started to look for hosts now, but last year we had over 500 so would be great to top that.

Rob

Macmillan Cancer Support - Sheffield

Its probably died out because Wetherspoons opens at 9am now, and to be fair, who would pick drinking coffee over supping a cold one.

We have meetups for Netmums if you wish to join

I have popped into several churches whilst out and about for coffee when I have seen coffee mornings advertised rather than spending in the big name shops.

Two churches come straight to mind and these are Firth Park Church and one a Broomhill, I don't know the name of that one though but it was nice coffee and free biscuits on the table. We put an extra couple of pound in the box on our way out, we were made so welcome there.