Old games to play on computer

I was wrong there actually classed as "abandonware"

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware

You're wrong again. Only some titles are classed as such (which makes no difference to the IP/copyright restrictions in place, they are still illegal to down load or distribute).

eh?

1: look up what a troll is

2: it technically IS illegal to distribute spectrum games, but like i said before WOS always try and get permission to distribute them if they can find the people involved, if they deny permission for whatever reason then WOS remove the files from distribution.

1: I don't need too.

It may be technically illegal, but every time roms are mentioned even if they are old etc, people get on the high horse and start being trolls. It's old, doesn't make you a better person, and wont make people aggree with you.

As for people agreeing with this; I don't care. I like using roms on emulators, and if it makes you feel better for not doing it, than all the joy to you. Me? I just laugh and enjoy the games :-)

Yeah, trolls.

Guys though seriously, for stuff you made in the days of the spectrum even if it is yours, you cannot expect everyone that distributes stuff to know who owns the copy rights for the images. Shouldn't you be proud that others like your work instead of moaning about it?

1: I don't need too.

It may be technically illegal, but every time roms are mentioned even if they are old etc, people get on the high horse and start being trolls. It's old, doesn't make you a better person, and wont make people aggree with you.

As for people agreeing with this; I don't care. I like using roms on emulators, and if it makes you feel better for not doing it, than all the joy to you. Me? I just laugh and enjoy the games :-)

Yeah, trolls.

Guys though seriously, for stuff you made in the days of the spectrum even if it is yours, you cannot expect everyone that distributes stuff to know who owns the copy rights for the images. Shouldn't you be proud that others like your work instead of moaning about it?

1: yes you do, no matter how much you scream troll somebody telling you somethings illegal WHEN IT IS is not a troll.

2: i use emulators too i have loads, and the games to go with them........doesnt stop them being illegal tho Oo

3: yes they can, especially in these days more and more old speccy games are being released for the likes of iphone etc by companies like codemasters and elite etc i said before WOS distribute UNTIL they find out somebody and ask, if they so no they stop, they do actively persue, it is possible in a lot of cases

it could also be said its highly ignorant and in some cases damaging to the scene to take your viewpoint

Damaging to the scene? rofl.

obviously you know NOTHING about the retro scene then, you take take take no matter what

what if all the sites you frequent were sued and taken down due to giving files away..........would you consider that damaging? and a pain in the arse, specially when you couldve just asked for permission?

Asking for permission will get me now where, you know this. Besides that, no rom sites are being sued these days.

Nintendo used too, but now they no longer seem to care. During the time Nintendo where taking sites down (this was late 90's) Sega didn't even bother either. And as for older stuff than that, no ones going to sue over them.

As most games companies don't really care, why should you?

TL:DR

Download old games to your hearts content. It's all good, don't worry about it.