My Photography .. Take a look!

Hiii,

My name is Keeley and I’m 17 years old and i am a student studying travel and tourism at college however I really enjoy doing photography. I will attach a link to this post to my Flickr account please spend a couple of minutes just looking at them i would appreciate any of your views and opinions and also any tips to improve my photography as i would to do something to do with it for a job in the future!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52270857@N07/

Thankyou :)

I think they're very good Keeley. Some of them are very very good indeed!

Just like Mrs 0742Sheff you seem to have 'the eye'. People like yourself can see a photo opportunity everywhere they look. The composition of most of your shots is really impressive as well.

Just a few of the ones that caught my eye are the gull on page 9 (taken with the 5700. A camera i still have here :) ), 'rock at rhb' on the same page, '11' on page 5, 'Barbed wire' on page 2 and 'Whitby Abbey on page 1.

I could go on about most of them though. Great work :thumbsup:

[EDIT] I don't have any tips for you i am afraid. Your images are already better than what i take :)

Thankyou for taking the time to look at them :) and thankyou i really do love taking photographs.

a few people i know have also said i have the "eye" i just take pictures of things i like and that i think could make a good photo.

I had that camera for a few years but just recently i have upgraged to the Samsung NX5.

I like the barbed wire one too but the colour fox glove with water droplets is my fave.

thankyou 0742sheff

Keeley

Hi Keeley, they're really good - you definitely have got an eye for it! Your colours are really vivid - did you edit the pics or are they straight from the camera?

Hi Bad Hair Day :)

Thanks :D Most of them haven't been edited the poppies one has a little I have only put shadows in and also the 2nd purple flower (clematis) where I made the back ground darker. but that's all :) I prefer the natural look but I find if you make the backgrounds darker the image looks better :)

Thanks for your comments much appreciated

Keeley

all fantastic, well done.

martyn.

Thanks everybody for taking the time to look at them and thanks for you comments :)

Keeley

Some great photos, Keeley. For landscapes, it might be worth investigating graduated filters - these allow you to keep the colour in the sky and expose the foreground properly.

Steve,

I might get some of them if they will improve my photographs, it is really difficult to keep the coulour of the sky i found it harder with my old camera though.

Keeley

I've just ordered some graduated filters, and a polarising filter, for the same reasons, Keeley. Have a look at the Cokin system if you do so you can use the same filters if you ever upgrade/change your camera in future.

With the Cokin filters you can slide the grads up or down depending on where your horizon is too. With the screw-in filters you're stuck at one position.

Mind you, Lightroom does a pretty decent job at simulation a grad filter, if you've not blown the sky out too much.

Great stuff..!! :) I have a major soft spot for mega-wide panoramic shots (RHB2) ..I love it :)