Looking for an investor

Any help or ideas welcome!

Its not a huge amount im looking for someone to invest, however, i do offer a good percentage in return.

I want someone who will work with me to achieve maximum sales though.

It would help if you explained whet you want someone to invest in!

Lol i suppose it would, sorry im exhausted!

This is regarding 2 equestrian items i would like to see on the market towards the end of summer, i need help with the initial costs. Basically these products are feeding and watering systems.

Sorry, not really a hoss person! Have you tried the bank? If you have potential sales lined up or letters of intent etc. they may loan you the money and you won't have to give up any equity.

Thanks! 2 fantastic products 1 small problem...aaah! x

So this person who will take your product to market, sell it and get back a good return will actually be making you more of a return than they will receive? Is that correct? Unfotunately you can have good products but if investment is by way of being your sales person to grow the sales>income then they need a hefty return, not a percentage cut. After all an idea or a product is worthless without the person who will actually make it a reality.

Are these equestrian items an invention? And if so, do they have patents that can thus add a value to the product and the business?

Is the cut you offer, a share of the business as well as the profits? And what percentage and what shareholding?

Edited by indizine

I have spent the last 2 years, designing, redesigning and tweeking all over again, these products, putting in hundreds of hours of my own time, money and effort...already far more than anyone else involved would have to do.
See, how difficult was it to add that little bit more information? Still need a bit more, though (think e.g. what blurb would be on your website home page - without going into specifics, pics or numbers of course).

I have been advising people exactly in your situation for well over a decade.

To an investor, the above (what you have done so far) amounts to precisely nothing, unless you have at least applied for some form of protection.

I have seen so many try and fail before you (not saying you will fail, as I really, sincerely hope you do make a success of it), so here's one piece of free advice: inventing might have seemed like hard work so far (it is), but it is completely worthless without the business and commercial skills that are required to make it a profitable venture.

It's a hard lesson to accept for the private/small inventor, possibly the hardest.

I suggest (;)) you bear that in mind in your investor selection and, more importantly, your forthcoming negotiations: the person who needs the other the most might not be who you think it is. And your take on the numbers (your £ contributions so far vs what you think is needed) might not be as accurate as you think (in my experience, they never are).

PS - that:

No i haven't for good reasons. x
doesn't really help, as it shows you as either risk-averse, or not credit-worthy, or commercially unsound. Just saying, like. There should be nothing preventing you from seeking bank financing (but your own choice to go private funding if you believe you can negotiate a better deal). Edited by L00b

Did I not post earlier asking how much of an investment was wanted???

Has an over active mod been at this thread or something?

Has an over active mod been at this thread or something?
Indizine tidied up a bit, as ponybabes took an earlier post of mine a bit too personally. Bygones. Edited by L00b

A bit, the shotgun approach was it?

Anyway, what level of investment is being asked for here, thousands, tens of thousands, what?