Just not fair play - Benefit cheat netted £18k in 12 months

Psst. You are aiming at the wrong target.

Quite. She's still a thief who is currently paying back her ill claimed spoils and has her added community service as an extra punishment ... Maybe it's the jolt to her system to get a job?

These politicians are convicted on the basis that their office should mean that they are above such petty thievery, however, it would appear that they are as apt to dip their hands in the till as your average sink estate sket.

So if she is married, why isn't she named as Mrs Linfitt? :huh:

How so? We're talking about a thief here are we not?

Are we not, can you not, will you not. My God, it sounds like you've been watching Coronation Street. Why not ask people if they are/can do things rather than if they can't. For example, you wouldn't say, "Will you not pass me that newspaper?" would you?

In reply to your question. I did not say what this couple did was right, it isn't. The point I was makinig is that there is move by the politicians, aided and abetted by media hype, to villify everyone who is unemployed and that includes unemployed people who desperately want to work.

Stupid post of the day award.

Because she chose to keep her own name. Think it through.

And the husband didn't move in with her until three years after they were wed? :suspect:

How so? We're talking about a thief here are we not?

Probably hit a raw nerve or something:D

In reply to your question. I did not say what this couple did was right, it isn't. The point I was makinig is that there is move by the politicians, aided and abetted by media hype, to villify everyone who is unemployed and that includes unemployed people who desperately want to work.

Which the women in the op is not and does not.

She a thief and you seem to be getting a little too upset about all this.

Hitting close to home?

Stupid post of the day award.

Because she chose to keep her own name. Think it through.

Oh for crying out loud.

Someones girlfriend has a puncture again:rolleyes:

Bless. What an old fashioned soul.

thats the most frightening part. 12 months and 18k for one kid!!!!! God knows what they get with 5 kids get :roll:

State Benefits for single parent with 5 children:

Lone Parent £ 65.45 p/wk

Dependant Child #1 £ 57.57 “

Dependant Child #2 £ 57.57 “

Dependant Child #3 £ 57.57 “

Dependant Child #4 £ 57.57 “

Dependant Child #5 £ 57.57 “

Family Premium £ 22.20 “

Total £ 375.50 per week, x 52wks = £ 19,526.00 per year

Add in rent & council tax paid in full by local authority (by Council Tax Benefit & Housing Benefit) = approx. £ 5,500.00. (Plus free dental/optical treatment & prescriptions etc)

Yearly NET income equivalent = £ 25,026

Edited by Dragonfall

WELL, you say £25,000 net is lots, but its peanuts. Its only the eqivalent of £35,000 a year gross income

HOw on earth will people survive on that?

Think about it, if someone has 7 children, then they cannot be expected to live in a 2 bedroomed house.

Don't forget, we cannot punish the children as they don't derserve to be punished.

Lets not also forget that drugs are not cheap, so we should pay more to people with these kinds of problems in order to help them with there habit.

£35,000 PER ANNUM !!!! could you survive on that amount of money?

Are we not, can you not, will you not. My God, it sounds like you've been watching Coronation Street. Why not ask people if they are/can do things rather than if they can't. For example, you wouldn't say, "Will you not pass me that newspaper?" would you?

What's Coronation Street to do with the price of eggs?