West Street outbound bus gate

The sign with the time restrictions is on the wrong side of the road, so actually you could quite easily miss it as you approach the junction from Gell Street to turn right on to Glossop Road/West Street. It's then also entirely possible to miss the 'dynamic sign' as you turn on to Glossop Road as it's so close to the junction point. You are then 'in' the bus gate even if you realise that you want to turn around and avoid being so.

My question was whether anyone had challenged the Council on this and had their PCN overturned in this context, rather than making a 'groundless' complaint, as HeadingNorth alleges.

The sign with the time restrictions is on the wrong side of the road, so actually you could quite easily miss it as you approach the junction from Gell Street to turn right on to Glossop Road/West Street. It's then also entirely possible to miss the 'dynamic sign' as you turn on to Glossop Road as it's so close to the junction point. You are then 'in' the bus gate even if you realise that you want to turn around and avoid being so.

My question was whether anyone had challenged the Council on this and had their PCN overturned in this context, rather than making a 'groundless' complaint, as HeadingNorth alleges.

Do they have to conform to being on a set side of the road?

Is it to small to be visbale from driving down? I would think myself if it is facing your traffic flow then it doesnt matter what side of the road it is on as you can easily see the information on it.

If I were driving down Gell St. approaching West st, surely it would be hard to miss this sign regardless on the right or left side of the road:

http://www.box.net/shared/2zi998ojbb2p8vhuytkn

And at the junction surely I would stop because of this:

http://www.box.net/shared/ggpbrvz2hggvasa1nd46

during the stop and observing the traffic, surely I would not miss the green painted road with the big sign "BUS TAXI (BIKE) ONLY":

http://www.box.net/shared/ym4uin3btcevplk0fatf

although "entirely possible" missed the dynamic signs if they were ON (possibly because of the sun reflection on the signs? :suspect:)

I think you post ends any confusion on the signage for the junction, its so clear to see, if you dont see it and start to complain its confusing, then its time to hang up the keys and get a cycle.

Go Flix, I think your photos demonstrate the problems extremely well, thanks for that.

First of all, the sign on the right hand side of the road is extremely unclear for motorists driving faster than walking pace, and it does indeed take some looking for as it's there jumbled up with a number of other signs, and like I said before, on the 'wrong' side of the road. Why would it not be at the junction stop point, or facing the driver as they mistakenly enter the bus gate?

Second, the 'STOP' sign and the tram sign are road signs - how do they help if you've missed the time restriction sign?

Third, on your third photo, you cannot in fact see the markings on the road as you turn right on to Glossop Road at all.

As for the 'dynamic' sign, as it's within feet of the point at which you would turn right on to Glossop Road, it's entirely possible to miss it, as I said before.

Like I say above, would it not be far clearer for the council to have placed a sign at the point of the junction, in the driver's eye line?

Go Flix, I think your photos demonstrate the problems extremely well, thanks for that.

First of all, the sign on the right hand side of the road is extremely unclear for motorists driving faster than walking pace, and it does indeed take some looking for as it's there jumbled up with a number of other signs, and like I said before, on the 'wrong' side of the road. Why would it not be at the junction stop point, or facing the driver as they mistakenly enter the bus gate?

Second, the 'STOP' sign and the tram sign are road signs - how do they help if you've missed the time restriction sign?

Third, on your third photo, you cannot in fact see the markings on the road as you turn right on to Glossop Road at all.

As for the 'dynamic' sign, as it's within feet of the point at which you would turn right on to Glossop Road, it's entirely possible to miss it, as I said before.

Like I say above, would it not be far clearer for the council to have placed a sign at the point of the junction, in the driver's eye line?

I see you are blaming everyone else for this, except yourself.

Just accept you made an error and move on with your life. The signage is as plain as the nose on my face.

You do realise that by making a statement like that you are merely confirming that you're totally unfit to drive?

damo, HeadingNorth, thanks for the input. You're so informative. Have a :clap:

Still, nobody's answered my question, about whether anyone has challenged a PCN received in this situation.

damo, HeadingNorth, thanks for the input. You're so informative. Have a :clap:

Still, nobody's answered my question, about whether anyone has challenged a PCN received in this situation.

Why not give it a bash and waste your time?